PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 02:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

rxb216 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
screen backlight settings not working

Hmm, all of a sudden my screen's backlight settings are being ignored by my TP. No matter what I do, the backlight will turn off after 30 seconds. The device won't turn off, but the backlight will be completly off (not dim, but off). Even more strange if that I dont seem to have my backlight fader effect anymore. 30 secs and poof, backlight off.

I am running the stock Sprint ROM, and have nuePOwer/Backlight CPL 1.52. But I only use Nuepower to view my batter drain, I dont actually use it to mod my power settings. I've not made any major mods to my device, so is strange why this is happening. I kinda like my backlight to be on longer than 30 seconds.

Any ideas? I apologize if this has been discussed earlier, couldn't find any threads on it.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker
Re: screen backlight settings not working

did you install or update anything?
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 07-08-2009, 02:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

no, i really didn't install anything that would mod the power stuff. I have iGo and Garmen, but those aren't running in the background.

I notice the power settings are ALSO invalid when plugged in (charging)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmerfudpucker View Post
did you install or update anything?
Old 07-08-2009, 06:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

* bump
Old 07-09-2009, 12:58 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

You might want to backup your apps and anything else you want to save and then do a hard reset. Then reinstall your stuff.
Kinda sucks though.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:19 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

do a hardreset like horndoctor said. i had a strange problem the other day that never happened before and i had the rom running for weeks and i had to hardreset

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro