PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 09:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Nex-tech Wireless

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sleeping Beauty Bug

Forgive my noobness but as a new chef I have a question.

I am trying to build a new ROM using Grooves Visual Kitchen build 23003 and ran across a bug, if you let the phone enter sleep mode for very long, it doesn't wake up! Scared me at first, thinking I had bricked my phone, but finally was able to get it to start up by holding Volume up, power, and enter. (From what I understand that is one way to do a hard reset, but no info was lost and it booted up like normal ).

Anyway, found out that it's a common bug and directed to a link with a fix (original post directing me to it is here). The fix is here. The problem I am having is I am not sure if I need one of the links or the Herman XIP.rar. And once I do figure out which one I need I am not sure what to do with it.

So if someone could help me out I would appreciate it. Also, if someone has a definition for XIP I will add it to my glossary and give thanks! (I know it has something to do with the basic operation of a phone, but having a hard time pinning down exactly what it means and what XIP stands for).
Old 07-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Nex-tech Wireless
Threadstarter

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sleeping Beauty Bug

Are all the other chefs asleep? Or are they busy making their own ROMs

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro