PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 03:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: Bell

linkin is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Another sms problem plz help

Hi fellow ppcgeeks im having problems with the order of my sms messeges appear ive had this problem before and my TP would fix it self but this time it aint happenning .Ive notice the problem always occurs when i sync my phone to my pc afterwards my home clock time on my phone would appear 4 hours advance no biigie though cuz i would just change the time back to normal but my emails and my sms would appear to be out of order im using mighty rom 4 but i dont think it has anything with the rom because this problem occured with my stock rom i know there was a thread like this before because i replied to the person who had this same problem but cant find the thread ...plz help can this be a registry problem?
Old 07-07-2009, 03:29 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Another sms problem plz help

well first set the correct time on your comp... it will always sync waht your comp says, you may have a daylight savings setting set or something or worng time zone and u just changed thetime manually.. thats the only time ive seen it sync a different time after...

once you get the time issue fixed, the message will start coming in the correct orders again, they ones previous though, will remain out of order, you cant change the timestamp on them..
Old 07-08-2009, 12:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

I've had this happen to me too,
but it usually only happens after midnight when one won't register that it was from the day before (I use threaded view).
But sometimes it's in the middle of the day.
But it's only when I have like 1500+ texts in my inbox.
And that means I have like 1500+ in my outbox too.
That's just way to many to have saved.lol
But I'm tired of backing them up everyday before I delete them everyday
since I'm a texting fiend.
So I just wrote a mortscript to do so for me. haha
Old 07-08-2009, 03:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: Bell
Threadstarter

linkin is a n00b

ok heres the deal i took boredandtattoeds advice it worked then everything went back in order but then later hours after i solved the problem it reoccured and i didnt even sync my tp to my pc emails stay in order sms is scattered and i recieve texts but cant seem to find where they go ...strange huh? i doubled check numerous times to see where they went but cant seem to find them .also if i recieve a call and miss it my call history doesnt even show the number who called it just shows the pior numbers when i thought the problem was solved i erased all my calls and texts to see if the numbers or texts will reoccur...taken codybears advice i guess ill have to wait and see ? any TP pros have any idea what is causing this ?
Old 07-08-2009, 05:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

The phone is probably syncing the time through the cell phone network.
And it probably has the wrong time zone set to sync.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro