PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2009, 11:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Campos21 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Emergency! Please help, please!

Alright, well my phone was acting great and everything yesterday, then i was at the amusment park and my phone died...i didnt get home till midnight, and i put the phone to charge right when i got home, then my phone turned on by itself, and i didnt turn it on...and i let it sit there for like ten mins, and when i took it off the charger, i took the battery out...then i put the battery back in and the phone turned on again and i didnt press the power button..then the phone turns on, and all it does is vibrates, and locks and unlocks?
any reason why?
thats all its been doing...the screen will turn black, then normal again for like half a second, and then start to vibrate and do that over and over again..and it vibrates everytime i press the screen to, and slide open the keyboard...please help, please!
Old 07-05-2009, 11:09 AM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Emergency! Please help, please!

Any chance that it got wet at the amusement park? Sounds like water damage to me.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:11 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Campos21 is a n00b

ugh, well it was raining...idk this sucks though
Old 07-05-2009, 11:18 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Campos21 is a n00b

well, i have one question...since the phone is hacked or whatever, does that mean that if i want to trade it in for a new one, it wont work?
Old 07-05-2009, 11:27 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy

It will depend on how you file your claim. If you do an ins claim for water damage i doubt they will care it is running a custom rom.

Will
Old 07-05-2009, 12:03 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

are the water indicators triggered?
Old 07-14-2009, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Kyocera 7135 < Blackberry 8250 < 6700 < 6800 < 6850
Carrier: Alltel

vestaviajag is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to vestaviajag

My TP just started doing something similar! And no, none of my water markers have been turned/triggered. I plug in my TP to the wall to charge then go work on my car. Come back, and the light on the charger isn't on and the TP's batt is completly dead. So I hook it up to my PC thinking that the wall outlet is on a switch or something. I wait a few minutes and turn it on. Works normally at first always brings up the Message menu first, then after a few seconds, the screen blacks and it vibrates. It becomes unresponsive to everything except a soft reset, but again, after a few seconds from booting, black screen and constant vibration.

I just hard reset to see if that did the trick, as I really didn't have enough time to try anything before it blacked out and vibrates. We'll see if this works.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:59 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Well it seems to have been at least a week since your phone has acted crazy so if damage was incurred it seems to be permanent. Try flashing an stock ROM if you can by loading the phone first into bootloader mode. I believe the button combination is reset while holding the power and volume down buttons.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Kyocera 7135 < Blackberry 8250 < 6700 < 6800 < 6850
Carrier: Alltel

vestaviajag is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to vestaviajag
Wink Re: Emergency! Please help, please!

I know, it was almost a week ago to the day. I would like a brand spanking new TP, or even one of those TP2! I've got the insurance... But in the past week, nothing has gone wrong, I flashed the newest energy rom and it was amazing. But now, I don't know.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:25 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

https://indirect3.sprint.com/apps/ad...&FROM_SPRINT=Y

this this i have returned 4 Tp's with this link no troubles @ all . all phone have been replaced to me with in 16 hours of completing the information

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro