PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2009, 06:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: USSC

allamerican2302 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Android on TOUCH PRO!? =)

So i was kinda curious and i googled Android on Touch Pro

Came up with this Youtube Vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH-VLYX0d68

Do u guys think this is legit?

and Problems or Concerns?

I havent seen a topic on this yet...=/

But this REALLY looks convincing and i wanna give it a try

but i want you guys thoughts and opinions first!
Old 06-27-2009, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

entwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Android on TOUCH PRO!? =)

Its legit but cant make calls/SMS yet as far as I know..
Old 06-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...02002&page=301

EDIT: Actually i havent read it in a while. This link is better. Scroll down just a little bit to Progress...
http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...e=RaphaelLinux

Last edited by Negrito; 06-27-2009 at 06:29 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch> Touch Pro> Droid
Carrier: Verizon

pknyo is becoming a great contributor

It works except the is no service at all. You can download the Rapl 800 port here. I had android on my Vouge running nearly perfect except SMS and GPS. It can be down it will take a while though. I think I`m just going go with the Hero when it comes to CDMA instead of waiting though.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

thezboee is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknyo View Post
It works except the is no service at all. You can download the Rapl 800 port here. I had android on my Vouge running nearly perfect except SMS and GPS. It can be down it will take a while though. I think I`m just going go with the Hero when it comes to CDMA instead of waiting though.
+1

Here's for hoping that the Hero comes to Sprint. My friend just flashed the SenseUI onto his G1. It looks pretty sweet but I'm hoping the Hero will be better and faster.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:56 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknyo View Post
actually sms does work and has for a while now and im told that they got gps working but in a beta form. i had it and loved it

the touch pro looks very difficult to accomplish expecially due to the resolution that will create problems everywhere, from the icons, taskbar, wallpapers, to the apps themselves cuz they are underscaled....
Old 06-29-2009, 01:03 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Android has been very disappointing as of late. I thought it would be a major platform to rival the flexibility of winmo while maintaining the aesthetics of the iphone and bringing to the table a widely open platform. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be enough resources dedicated to Android as it seems the widget/apps seem to still be underwhelming. While it has grown considerably since the G1, it's still nothing like the iphone's app store and winmo's established user/programmer base.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:26 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
Android has been very disappointing as of late. I thought it would be a major platform to rival the flexibility of winmo while maintaining the aesthetics of the iphone and bringing to the table a widely open platform. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be enough resources dedicated to Android as it seems the widget/apps seem to still be underwhelming. While it has grown considerably since the G1, it's still nothing like the iphone's app store and winmo's established user/programmer base.

Really? Cause my best friend has a G1 and everytime i see him he is trying to show me how much better his phone is to mine. I would say anything my diamond can do so can his G1. And his does evern more. (i.e... compass in google maps, barcode reader/searcher, and this one crazy app that he can take a pic of the cover of a game, or book and it will find it online)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro