PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2009, 12:47 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"
Carrier: Sprint

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro vs Touch Pro 2 (seeking TP2 users input)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skfny View Post
TP2 has:
CDMA/GSM ++
Larger Screen ++
Spekerphone w/ mute button +
Stereo speakers, mics +
Tilt +
Zoom bar +
Better defined app buttons so you don't accidentally hit right when trying to press back+
Bigger battery +
Larger Size -
No Flash --
No D-Pad--
Wait for custom ROM --
Higher Cost --

I think I'll probably get one and if I can live with no D-Pad, I'll keep it.
and if you can't i'll trade you my Touch Pro, d-pad and all
Old 06-27-2009, 01:27 PM
tt7
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

tt7 is just getting started

If they just figured out a way to at least include a jog wheel (Like on the mogul) on this thing i'd buy it in a heart beat. But with no directional pad I just won't be a happy camper unless the touchflo scrolling becomes considerably more precise and consistant. I just like hardware buttons, i'm not big on complete control by touch screen. (Hense buying a phone with a built in keyboard like the pro)
Old 06-27-2009, 02:23 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

if you guys read around, most pages says terga will only run windows for a short while b4 it transitions to android which it feels is a more compatible platform for graphics and media playback.... so we prob wont really see it..
Old 06-27-2009, 03:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
honestly, the hardware is pretty much the same except for the screen; ram/rom, processor, its the same. I for one would greatly appreciate the larger screen and if I can get ahold of a TP2 for a deal (my upgrade isn't for a while) i will. however, unless you plan on trying to get the touch pro right at the end of its life when the price drops like a rock then the price will probably be the same, the HTC devices have a standing history of being the same price as its predecessor so really all we're talking about is time
I'd wait until some official word starts coming from sprint then decide a couple of weeks ahead of time and researching then decide if you want to catch a touch pro for cheap before you can't get them
I agree with this. The phone is essentially the SAME under the hood except with a bigger screen. Throw a good WinMo 6.5 w/ Manilla 2.5 ROM on your TP and you basically have a TP2 w/ better screen and speakerphone. There are some other minor enhancements that generally just make it a slightly better TP. I just cant really validate spending any money on this small upgrade. My TP will do fine until Sprint has a true next-gen option (winMo 7?) in 2010 Q2 or around there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcole2003 View Post
for myself when i saw the screen size of the touch pro compared to my mogul i was like "hell no" I knew one would come out sooner than later with a larger screen so i am definately glad i waited. Going from the mogul to the touch pro 2 is going to be incredible.
Let me tell you, I thought even going from the Mogul to the TP was incredible. Jumping to a TP2 will DEFINITELY be great. The TP is Soooo much snappier and more responsive compared to the Mogul. It got to the point where the Mogul was really getting annoying. Mogul--> TP2 is definitely a justified update. However TP-->TP2 is probably not.

What other kinds of Phones/OS options are we predicted to be seeing in Q2-3 of 2010? Tegra may only be android based down the road and I feel like WinMo7 will be much more robust and matured for Business uses and 3rd party apps.
Quote:
Apparently while the initial focus is Windows Mobile, NVIDIA sees Android surpassing Windows Mobile sales into 2012 and has decided to put some serious grunt into the new OS's development. The NVIDIA Tegra 2600 part is being developed with an optimized and accelerated Android release aimed squarely at OEM development and set for release sometime in Q2 this year.
http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/16/n...oid-bandwagon/

Last edited by Alpine-; 06-27-2009 at 03:34 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro