PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2009, 05:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

m_reyna_16 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HELP flashing phone!!! NOT A NOOB!

ive been flashing ever since i got my mogul. see what is happening is that my keyboard went out on me, took it in to sprint and a friend of mine replaced my keyboard, and so that is fixed! before i took it to sprint, i did the relock on it, turns out i might have done something wrong because i checked the phone in tri color mode and saw it was still unlocked! sooooo, now that i want to flash to a custom rom, the original sprint rom (even though that is the one im running right now), and even the relocker and unlocker and NONE OF THEM am i able to flash, if i try it through the cable, i get an error (dont remember which one because i am not in my house to try it out and tell you guys). and if i try it through sd card, it just says loading and just stays like that, kinda frozen in a way!!! i need this fixed! if i cant get it fixed, i at least need it relocked so i can take it to sprint!!!!

EDIT: Just to let everybody know, the error is "ERROR [262]: UPDATE ERROR"

Last edited by m_reyna_16; 06-24-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:28 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: HELP flashing phone!!! NOT A NOOB!

if you take it in to a store and you are running a stock ROM, i doubt the techs will notice its unlocked, we dont get paid enough to go through all of that lol

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 06-24-2009, 05:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
if you take it in to a store and you are running a stock ROM, i doubt the techs will notice its unlocked, we dont get paid enough to go through all of that lol
i can imagine lol, but what can i do to fix this? i dont need a new one, i just need this one fixed!
Old 06-24-2009, 06:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

DomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on rep

does it just say unlocked at the top? if so that is fine. look for if it says spl-o.xx.xxxxxx if the x's dont say 37.cmonex then you are fine. its not unlocked.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomSim View Post
does it just say unlocked at the top? if so that is fine. look for if it says spl-o.xx.xxxxxx if the x's dont say 37.cmonex then you are fine. its not unlocked.

it says this:

Security Unlocked

RAPH800
SPL-0.35.0000
MicroP-Hermann (LED) v0C85
MicroP-Hermann (KEY) v0685
PSOC-Raph STAGE_EVT v20
Old 06-24-2009, 07:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_reyna_16 View Post
it says this:

Security Unlocked

RAPH800
SPL-0.35.0000
MicroP-Hermann (LED) v0C85
MicroP-Hermann (KEY) v0685
PSOC-Raph STAGE_EVT v20
It's locked. "Security Unlocked" doesn't mean anything. Check the Hard-SPL thread in the upgrade forum for confirmation if you're still unsure, but SPL-0.35.0000 means you're locked.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rourke Swift View Post
It's locked. "Security Unlocked" doesn't mean anything. Check the Hard-SPL thread in the upgrade forum for confirmation if you're still unsure, but SPL-0.35.0000 means you're locked.

thats good to know, now i know that i need to unlock it! the problem is, how can i do it if, by what the error code in the first post says, it has connection problems, i think lol! if i try and do it through sd card, it just says "loading..." and nothing happens!

Last edited by m_reyna_16; 06-24-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_reyna_16 View Post
thats good to know, now i know that i need to unlock it! the problem is, how can i do it if, by what the error code in the first post says, it has connection problems! if i try and do it through sd card, it just says "loading..." and nothing happens!
I searched the SPL thread for your error code and came up with a couple of possible solutions, including this one that seemed to work for a few people with the same issue. Might be worth giving it a shot.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rourke Swift View Post
I searched the SPL thread for your error code and came up with a couple of possible solutions, including this one that seemed to work for a few people with the same issue. Might be worth giving it a shot.

thanks, tried that, but no luck! since you mentioned the word search, i remembered i had forgotten about my friend google, so i searched and saw taht people had upgraded their spl first and then tried it from scratch and it seemed to work. but, if im not mistaken, there is no spl update yet right?
Old 06-24-2009, 08:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Hmm... and you're definitely using Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037 and do not have your SD card in when trying to do it via ActiveSync?

I'll keep digging for ya, seems a little strange...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro