PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 10:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Redneck3100
Windows update issues?

Anyone know why the windows update isn't working? A friend of mine at work has the LG Incite, and he tried the windows update and it took like 5 mins to complete and gave him an error saying check connection and time settings...I tried it last night when he told me and got the same thing...Normally it only takes about 30 seconds or so and says no updates available. Are they updating server stuff? Or maybe getting ready to roll out an update for WinMo? Anyone have any insight to this?

When life gives you lemons...find someone whos life gave them tequilla and have a party!!!!

If I've helped you in any way, please hit the button, I surely appreciate it!!!!!
Old 06-22-2009, 10:21 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: Windows update issues?

yup, that's been the forgotten app since wm5.
it seams that the experts have finally dug into it and hopefully soon we will have that hacked to a ppcgeek/xda update
Old 06-22-2009, 10:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Redneck3100 View Post
Anyone know why the windows update isn't working? A friend of mine at work has the LG Incite, and he tried the windows update and it took like 5 mins to complete and gave him an error saying check connection and time settings...I tried it last night when he told me and got the same thing...Normally it only takes about 30 seconds or so and says no updates available. Are they updating server stuff? Or maybe getting ready to roll out an update for WinMo? Anyone have any insight to this?
I've never had a windows updates...just checked on my TP and it said no updates are available..
Old 06-22-2009, 10:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Right, thats what it always told me was no updates available....and last night I checked, and it took like 6 minutes before finally saying "check connection, blah blah blah"...and when I clicked ok, and it took me back to the main update screen showing last update check, it said "Update unsuccesful" So Im wondering if they may have something new in store for us....possibly an upgrade of sorts....
Old 06-22-2009, 10:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
yup, that's been the forgotten app since wm5.
it seams that the experts have finally dug into it and hopefully soon we will have that hacked to a ppcgeek/xda update
+1 to that Shaggy
Old 06-22-2009, 10:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff

Quote:
Right, thats what it always told me was no updates available....and last night I checked, and it took like 6 minutes before finally saying "check connection, blah blah blah"...and when I clicked ok, and it took me back to the main update screen showing last update check, it said "Update unsuccesful" So Im wondering if they may have something new in store for us....possibly an upgrade of sorts....
Acutally, I just ran the update again and got the same thing you described. Hopefully, this will include a software update but knowing microsoft it'll just mess stuff up.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Lmao, I hear ya....I can't remember where I saw it, but I read somewhere that the mobile update was controlled by carrier...I can't really see how thats possible, or is it? Do ya think they might release 6.5 this way when it comes available?
Old 06-22-2009, 10:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Lmao, I hear ya....I can't remember where I saw it, but I read somewhere that the mobile update was controlled by carrier...I can't really see how thats possible, or is it? Do ya think they might release 6.5 this way when it comes available?
That wouldn't surprise me since this phone is on multiple carriers. I don't know if it would be a good thing or not if they pushed out 6.5 via windows update on the phone. It would be "cool" if it worked but like I said before, I don't really trust Microsoft to do that.

I think it would be beneficial if they got this working especially since the TP2's are shipping with 6.1, if I remember correctly...So it would be an easy/efficient way to upgrade to 6.5.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinazn View Post
I think it would be beneficial if they got this working especially since the TP2's are shipping with 6.1, if I remember correctly...So it would be an easy/efficient way to upgrade to 6.5.
That would be be most beneficial way to upgrade everyone...I think it would save a lot of hassel on the carriers part...maybe they're gettin ready to do that and are upgrading server capacity or something...
Old 09-11-2009, 12:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: lg incite
Carrier: aTt

leemoss84 is a n00b

i seriously doubt that they will send us the 6.5 upgrade.that would make them no new money unless u consider money from apps bought at marketplace.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro