PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2009, 04:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: At&t

dbord_n is keeping up the good workdbord_n is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down TP is almost DEAD!!!!

well, i got a touch pro thats about 2 months old, its my secound one in fact and it is going out like crazy!!!! what started it was the old keyboard not working which turned into the standby button not responding after the phone would be put into standy, now every time it power cycles it does a hard reset all on its own!!!! i went to the alltel store and have another phone on the way but it is on back order and isn't expected to ship till next thursday!!!! i am pretty pissed about how crapy this phone has been. has anybody else had any of these problems????

sorry didn't mean to post in the upgrade section!!!

Old 06-21-2009, 05:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: TP is almost DEAD!!!!

Bought might in November. Totally immaculate with no problems.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hybrid Touch Pro2

Tilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbord_n View Post
well, i got a touch pro thats about 2 months old, its my secound one in fact and it is going out like crazy!!!! what started it was the old keyboard not working which turned into the standby button not responding after the phone would be put into standy, now every time it power cycles it does a hard reset all on its own!!!! i went to the alltel store and have another phone on the way but it is on back order and isn't expected to ship till next thursday!!!! i am pretty pissed about how crapy this phone has been. has anybody else had any of these problems????

sorry didn't mean to post in the upgrade section!!!
lol as i said in the other one
try this
ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Raphael/Users/ImC...RUU_dumped.rar
Old 06-21-2009, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilde88 View Post
lol as i said in the other one
try this
ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Raphael/Users/ImC...RUU_dumped.rar

hey i tried that i am with alltel and flashed the stock alltel rom, it kinda made things worse. lol what kicked it all off was flashing to the newest mightyrom. i am not sure if that is really what did it or if it was just one of those things.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:31 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Flash at own risk......
Old 06-21-2009, 06:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
Flash at own risk......

lol thanks for your two cents bro!!!
Old 06-21-2009, 07:03 PM
Gatornator

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbord_n View Post
lol thanks for your two cents bro!!!
lol man, sorry!! I really don't have an answer for ya. Just flash back to stock and relock. If problem persists, I'd say your TP is hosed. To be honest though, I have a second TP I use for flashing and testing and I have not experienced those problems. But my main TP i still use stock. Yeah, other roms are faster, better, prettier, but the stock rom...well....just works. I'll take functionality of everything over great functionality of somethings and no functionality of others.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
lol man, sorry!! I really don't have an answer for ya. Just flash back to stock and relock. If problem persists, I'd say your TP is hosed. To be honest though, I have a second TP I use for flashing and testing and I have not experienced those problems. But my main TP i still use stock. Yeah, other roms are faster, better, prettier, but the stock rom...well....just works. I'll take functionality of everything over great functionality of somethings and no functionality of others.
hahahahaahaha
only two problems I had was one, the keyboard started to go out.
Fixed that by just squeezeing the phone at the spacebar.
Like press the spacebar with your thumb, and push with your index fingers on the back underneath the phone directly below the spacebar.
that popped the ribbon back into place.

two, my texts were messing up and were lagging/etc.
That was my own fault,
you can't keep thousands of texts in your inbox
and not expect that to happen.
simply fixed by deleting them.

There, no more problems...
Don't know why everyone is having all of these problems...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:44 PM
Gatornator

Yeah, I have the same problem with text. I do just as you do....delete them, but i first back them up on my PC. That seems to help the text lagginess.

I have never had a keyboard stop working so I can't confirm the trick you described but I will keep it in mind.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Yeah, I have the same problem with text. I do just as you do....delete them, but i first back them up on my PC. That seems to help the text lagginess.

I have never had a keyboard stop working so I can't confirm the trick you described but I will keep it in mind.
the thread I found it in had about 5 people that confirm it,
and in another thread too.
but yeah, keep that in mind.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro