PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Lurker

aja656 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
htc touch pro email problems- working internet flashed with Juicy

Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated. Well I got the internet to work on my HTC touch pro with metro pcs. I have flashed the phone to use a Juicy 4.7 rom. I am not sure if I really like the juicy rom, it seems to move pretty slow compared to the stock rom, is anyone else having the same problem? Anyways I was wanting to get the email client on the phone to use the metro pcs internet to access my gmail account and get my email via POP. With the internet working and a gmail account set up I get an error when I go to send/receive new emails. I sometimes get an error synchronizing and a cannot connect pop up bubble reading it cannot connect with current connection settings. Then if i do get it to send/receive it says connecting logging on looking for changes then disconnecting/finished without downloading any emails. Any idea on what this count be?
Old 01-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Saint is a n00b
Re: htc touch pro email problems- working internet flashed with Juicy

Reflash perhaps? I'm using the same ROM and it's freaking fast, and my POP email is working correctly as well.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:17 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

aja656 is a n00b

is there a way to flash to a new rom without clearing everything on the phone??
Old 01-11-2009, 04:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aja656 View Post
is there a way to flash to a new rom without clearing everything on the phone??
No.

But you can create backups of your data and programs, which you should do on a regular basis anyway
Old 01-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

aja656 is a n00b

I figured that out, and did a reflash of the system and did a soft reset. still does not work...it says it cannot connect with current connection settings. Do you think this is something with the wait the email client is set up to work with my email account, something wrong with the sync software on the phone, or somewhere in my connection settings?
Old 01-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Saint is a n00b

Have you made sure that the data connection is turned on? Now that I remember I had the same issue, and had to turn it on for POP mail to work. Try it out, I've noticed on my TP that when I flashed to Juicy's ROMs, it would be turned off by default.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

aja656 is a n00b

it was off but even when it is on i get the same problem...Microsoft direct push was on as well...i get an error synchronizing...and a cannot connect error
Old 01-12-2009, 10:08 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

aja656 is a n00b

I am getting the email to kinda work it has has been near impossible for me but I think I am getting somewhere. I now can get emails to come in, but I also have a computer accessing the same email account(gmail) so that when the computer downloads the email, the phone never gets it, and vice versa. And I also have emails showing up in the phone inbox but once the computer tries to access the email account they delete off the phone. Any ideas?
Old 01-13-2009, 12:03 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

aja656 is a n00b

okay I was able to get past the disappearing email issue by putting recent:MYGMAILNAME@gmail.com in when setting up the account on the phone. However everytime I go to send and recieve it tries to download 2000+ email headers. I have it set up to recieve only the days email. Any ideas?

I also cannot get IMAP to work i thought that using imap may get past this pop issue. However when i go to connect with the phone through the set up imap gmail account I get an error saying "error synchronizing" and a cannot connect bubble saying my connection settings arent right. When I played around with the settings and got it set to connect to the "network" where i have the right settings i get a messaging error that says make sure I am connected and that my mail account settings are correct.

Last edited by aja656; 01-13-2009 at 12:06 AM.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I had an eerily similar problem after i had Hard Reset. My gmail would try to download headers and either a)time out b) show ghost emails that disappear c) only load the "welcome to email" email.

I went the long way around and created a new gmail, and manually changed all my most important things to the new email . i.e banking, cell, bills, credit, etc, etc, etc :\

that was a bummer, but when all was said and done, my inbox no longer gets 433 New Spams a day. Pristine, with the most important document and files uploaded

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro