PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2009, 11:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2 Issues that have always bugged me...

Perhaps these have been solved by now. Last time I searched they were still unresolved (its been a while).

1. BT headset makes annoying sound on Callers end when you pick up "if" Vibrate AND Ring is enabled in Winmo settings. If you set it to Ring only or Vibrate THEN Ring, it goes away. It is very annoying to callers. It is sort of a silly bug but it makes sense that if the phone is vibrating when it picks up this turns up as feedback I suppose. Unless its purely a software bug. This exists with stock Sprint ROMS as well, its not just a Custom ROM thing. I don't think headset matters much.

2. Opera is obviously superior to pocket IE. However, I have all of my favorites like I want (and synched) in IE from way before using Opera. I have not ever been able to get ALL of them re-added in Opera and the thought of it sounds downright annoying. Surely there is some way to easily and neatly IMPORT Winmo's PIE favorite bookmarks into Opera. Is there not a cab or something yet? I seem to recall only one solution that required and extensive list of manual steps to get it somewhat imported.

Thanks in advance to any members with input on these annoyances.

Last edited by Alpine-; 06-19-2009 at 11:06 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

mondaypickle is just getting started
Re: 2 Issues that have always bugged me...

The opera 9.7 beta seems to import pocket IE favorite on installation. Don't know of a way with 9.5.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:26 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondaypickle View Post
The opera 9.7 beta seems to import pocket IE favorite on installation. Don't know of a way with 9.5.
agreed, and I have the new Altec Lansing stereo headphones and have never had a problem with then making any noise. hummm

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler View Post
agreed, and I have the new Altec Lansing stereo headphones and have never had a problem with then making any noise. hummm
I've never had that problem either & I use a Motorola S-9 HD headset.

How do you like those Altec's??

~John
Old 06-20-2009, 10:36 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I've never had that problem either & I use a Motorola S-9 HD headset.

How do you like those Altec's??

~John
they are cool but I had lost one of the ear buds and they are a pain to replace they aren't a normal shape/size. you cant even buy them from Altec yet but I emailed them and they just sent me replacements. It was pretty cool of them. Great sound if I had to sum it up.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro