PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2009, 04:17 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: On my 3rd HTC Pro and about to get a 4th- HELP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haris View Post
My light bulbs don't burn out fast, I have HD tv and all computers and laptops and no problems on electronics at all. I will have them replace the charger. Thanks!!
well, sometimes those other power hungry devices can cause noise if the house isn't wired right (neutral/gnd swap) or just an overloaded phase.

but I am VERY surprised they never replace the charger/cord for you, they usually try to tell me that's the problem 1st, then I have to explain I have multiple phones and MANY chargers, bla bla... but I take the new charger anyway, cuz well, I have them available everywhere now...
Old 06-15-2009, 09:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro
Threadstarter

Haris is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Update: I went to Sprint and my 4th HTC Pro went bad after 24 hours so that's it, I had them switch to a Palm pro, Have had it for more than 24 hours and works like a charm. Too bad as I liked the HTC. Maybe in 6 months I will upgrade to the new HTC.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

Snoman002 is keeping up the good workSnoman002 is keeping up the good work

Well, the Palm Pro is HTC so see how this one treats you.

If you start having problems again have your house checked out. There can be a lot of things that cause problems, and maybe some devices are more likely to have problems than others. I have seen houses with higher than normal voltage, I have also seen houses with a frequency that was off a little. Heck, my brother burned up 4 copy machines because the power he was using didnt have a consistant frequency, granted his was off a generator at the time, but its something to watch out for.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

agentjonnyb is becoming a great contributor

That is so weird, but as the others suggested, must be the charger. I'm on my 2nd TP cus the keyboard on my first one stopped working, so naturally a week after I receive my brand new replacement, some genius on this site shows that he's found a way to fix that...
Old 06-15-2009, 10:26 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentjonnyb View Post
That is so weird, but as the others suggested, must be the charger. I'm on my 2nd TP cus the keyboard on my first one stopped working, so naturally a week after I receive my brand new replacement, some genius on this site shows that he's found a way to fix that...
I'm picking up my 6th for keyboard issues tomorrow. Tech today said he "couldn't fix it" and I responded by saying "plugging it back in didn't work" and he laughed and said no. I don't know what's so different about this one.

Sucks, I liked the build quality of this phone and it had a brand new build date when I got it. I don't want to open it up myself and void my chances of returning it in case something worse goes wrong. Annoying having to go through the motions to get it fixed.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro