PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2009, 01:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Haris is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
On my 3rd HTC Pro and about to get a 4th- HELP!!

I am new to Sprint, to HTC Pro. switched from Verizon and had the old Treo 650. Have had the HTC Pro for 40 days and about to get my 4th phone. All phones just stopped charging, wall outlet or the computer. will not sync or charge. The techs at Sprint take apart the charging port and say the mother board went out every single time and they ship me a replacement, the new one will last 2-4 days and the same issue. I charge the phone at night on a wall charger, and then during the day charge as it syncs. Am I the lone ranger with this issue. Can I try different things, this is painful. I am even considering switching to different phone altogether.

Last edited by Haris; 06-14-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:53 AM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: On my 3rd HTC Pro and about to get a 4th- HELP!!

Sorry to hear that OP... this is the first I've heard of anything like this..... 3 times the same exact thing is almost unheard of... maybe a bad batch of TP's floating around?
Old 06-14-2009, 01:55 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

it's gotta be your cable or power supply. what wall charger are you using?
Old 06-14-2009, 01:59 AM
Ship Jumper

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Yeah that idea totally went over my head..... but why would the tech think other wise?

Last edited by BRIVERS73; 06-14-2009 at 02:20 AM.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:16 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyman73 View Post
You that totally went over my head..... but why would the tech think other wise?
was that to me?
a bad cable or dirty power could ruin the phone.. but I'm assuming they gave the op a new set of those too.
although the dirty power could be coming from the wall or the sync pc.
make sure you A/C outlet is wired right (some surge protectors will tell you or get a outlet tester @ radioshack/homedepot)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

oseoviawe is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to oseoviawe

Its probably your charger, Have you used the same charger on all of them?
Old 06-14-2009, 02:19 AM
Ship Jumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
was that to me?
a bad cable or dirty power could ruin the phone.. but I'm assuming they gave the op a new set of those too.
although the dirty power could be coming from the wall or the sync pc.
make sure you A/C outlet is wired right (some surge protectors will tell you or get a outlet tester @ radioshack/homedepot)
Yea sorry for not being clearer... makes since though
Old 06-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Haris is a n00b

I never thought of it. I have been using the same charger and cable, wall outlet I use doesn't have any surge protection, didn't think that was important. My computer is connected to surge protection and when I synced my Treo 650 ove the last 5 years on the USB port had no issues,

I will ask Sprint to give me a new charger and cable.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

probably the charger. It's basically a transformer stepping 120volts to what? 5.5volts at 1 amp. Most likely what is happening is the charger is messed up and is sending too many volt amps to your phone. I doubt it is the actual wall outlet.. i mean if you lost a neutral somewhere you would see the phone literally smoking, so i doubt that is it. I guess it could be possible your pole transformer is sending a higher voltage to your house.. like 130 volts plus.. Your light bulbs burn out really fast?
Old 06-14-2009, 02:13 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Haris is a n00b

My light bulbs don't burn out fast, I have HD tv and all computers and laptops and no problems on electronics at all. I will have them replace the charger. Thanks!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro