PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2009, 09:50 PM
Lurker

apjmd is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone having this issue with Touch Pro?

My Touch Pro has been cutting off randomly and I have no idea that the phone has been off until I go to "wake it up" and nothing happens. I always have to take the battery out and put it back in. I have had Sprint replace the phone 4 times. I love the look and feel of the phone but it is worthless if I can't run third party software or Bluetooth. Sprint says that my software is probably not compatible with the device. I loaded the bluetooth headset and Epocrates. Recently I started using the beta of myPhone, which I love. If I could keep the phone from shutting off it would be a keeper. Any advice?
Old 06-13-2009, 10:04 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: Anyone having this issue with Touch Pro?

were all your phones having this issue? if so it's definitely something your putting on it.

what do you mean you loaded the bluetooth?
Old 06-13-2009, 10:36 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

apjmd is a n00b

When I say "loaded the Bluetooth" I mean my headset...Epocrates software and myPhone were the only two new things I added to the phone. They have all done the same thing even if I have not made one change to them.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

time for number 5, its a hardware glitch.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:46 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

so you just "paired" the headset.
there's definately something that's happening, cuz that's not normal. do you have a data plan? if not, that could be it, as even default stock has a lot of progs that want that connection.
so you didn't do any tweaks or anything?
what were you using to put contacts on the phone before myphone? (btw, I wasn't impressed wiht that app)
Old 06-14-2009, 01:12 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

apjmd is a n00b

On a couple of the replacements, I sent the contact list by bluetooth from my dell axim x51v. Then I kept one phone with NOTHING on it, and I continued to have problems. Like I said, I am thinking that something else is going on...like the network in the building I work in or my home...but I have missed calls in the car driving as well...HTC tells me they are waiting for sprint to approve a rom update that they believe will fix this problem. I think that both sprint and htc know that this happens to other people's touch pros, but they are telling me it is something I have added. Anyway, a bare phone without using the software I need is useless. My purpose for going to a smartphone was to lighten my pockets.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:32 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

i dont know how this is a known problem when most people havent had this problem. i agree it must be one of the programs is messing up. i have had 4 tp's but none ever with this problem. they are working on an update, but that update is for windows 6.5
Old 06-14-2009, 04:11 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

ok, well, i seem to exhausted my idea's other than 1, but I don't think it really applies to the pro.. the only time I've experience a problem like yours was with the mogul. I had a off brand battery that was just a mm or 2 shorter than the oem ones. I found that if the phone was bumped just right, it would seperate the battery from one of the contacts just enought for it to turn off.
but the pro seems to have a tighter fit.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro