PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 09:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

BikerSk8rKid is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to BikerSk8rKid Send a message via Yahoo to BikerSk8rKid
Delayed Text Messages and Missing Phone Calls?

I've been having a problem with Sprint for the past two or three months, ever since I got the HTC Touch Pro. I've actually noticed a lot about Sprint that's pissing me off. I get text messages that are delayed up to 4 hours, almost all my text messages are delayed and a lot of my phone calls don't go through.

I thought at first the phone was defective. Sprint gave me a brand new phone and yet it's still screwing up. They say my area has like the best coverage. I've tried using a different Singal Cab I think Telus or something. I've hard reset my phone multiple times. Tried changing the Modem and Nam settings or whatever. I even go to the other side of my town or different areas to check and still mess's up. Another thing that the Sprint Tech noticed that is when I went into the store the first time he made a ticket. Second time I came in it was missing. All the tickets that were made on my phone got deleted, even the last one he locked. He got me a new one and it's still screwing up.

I am now hard resetting again and then going to call Sprint and yell at them. It's weird how my father have a pieace of **** Sprint phone, but yet he doesn't seem to have problems that I know of. He doesn't text message though and that's my biggest thing.

Question:
Will have A LOT of text messages built up/saved mess with the new text messages being delayed?
Because I just looked and noticed I had almost 2,000 sent and there was like 100 in the inbox. But this wouldn't explain why my phone calls don't go through, no missed call or anything. Next minute I will have a voicemail, I evern tried calling from my friend ('s) phone and doesn't always go through on my side.

I'm thinking of switching to Verizon, haven't heard anything bad about them besides there HTC Tocuh Pro's suck, but hopefully I can switch mine to theres. Thank you in advance and sorry this is boring and kind of ranting. Wasting my money on something I don't get, I do love the online picture mail for Sprint. But after 100 pages of saved pictures you can't view them, unless you delete them 1 by 1, kind of dumb.

Edit: I've tried everything I do from my own personal help, your help, Sprint Cell Phone help and Sprint Store Tech. I don't even know what to do anymore and I'm tired of being treated like **** when I've been with them for like 7 years. I never have programs running, I end them when I'm done just so nothing can interfear with them and yes I'm on Sprint Only. I haven't once dropped my phone either.

Edit: By the way I would like to add is it's not just my HTC Touch Pro, I've tried going back to a few phones I have and still having the same problems, but it's a lot easier to tell with a phone like the HTC Touch Pro.

Last edited by BikerSk8rKid; 06-08-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:45 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Delayed Text Messages and Missing Phone Calls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSk8rKid View Post
I've been having a problem with Sprint for the past two or three months, ever since I got the HTC Touch Pro. I've actually noticed a lot about Sprint that's pissing me off. I get text messages that are delayed up to 4 hours, almost all my text messages are delayed and a lot of my phone calls don't go through.

I thought at first the phone was defective. Sprint gave me a brand new phone and yet it's still screwing up. They say my area has like the best coverage. I've tried using a different Singal Cab I think Telus or something. I've hard reset my phone multiple times. Tried changing the Modem and Nam settings or whatever. I even go to the other side of my town or different areas to check and still mess's up. Another thing that the Sprint Tech noticed that is when I went into the store the first time he made a ticket. Second time I came in it was missing. All the tickets that were made on my phone got deleted, even the last one he locked. He got me a new one and it's still screwing up.

I am now hard resetting again and then going to call Sprint and yell at them. It's weird how my father have a pieace of **** Sprint phone, but yet he doesn't seem to have problems that I know of. He doesn't text message though and that's my biggest thing.

Question:
Will have A LOT of text messages built up/saved mess with the new text messages being delayed?
Because I just looked and noticed I had almost 2,000 sent and there was like 100 in the inbox. But this wouldn't explain why my phone calls don't go through, no missed call or anything. Next minute I will have a voicemail, I evern tried calling from my friend ('s) phone and doesn't always go through on my side.

I'm thinking of switching to Verizon, haven't heard anything bad about them besides there HTC Tocuh Pro's suck, but hopefully I can switch mine to theres. Thank you in advance and sorry this is boring and kind of ranting. Wasting my money on something I don't get, I do love the online picture mail for Sprint. But after 100 pages of saved pictures you can't view them, unless you delete them 1 by 1, kind of dumb.

Edit: I've tried everything I do from my own personal help, your help, Sprint Cell Phone help and Sprint Store Tech. I don't even know what to do anymore and I'm tired of being treated like **** when I've been with them for like 7 years. I never have programs running, I end them when I'm done just so nothing can interfear with them and yes I'm on Sprint Only. I haven't once dropped my phone either.

Edit: By the way I would like to add is it's not just my HTC Touch Pro, I've tried going back to a few phones I have and still having the same problems, but it's a lot easier to tell with a phone like the HTC Touch Pro.
I had this issue. I was originally told by the Sprint tech to "just leave the phone by the window" which really made no difference.

You've got two options if you want to keep the phone:

1) Force it into Roam-only mode
2) Call Account Services (aka retentions) and complain about missing calls, sometimes dropping calls, etc. They can send you an Airave, and that will fix the problem.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

BikerSk8rKid is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to BikerSk8rKid Send a message via Yahoo to BikerSk8rKid
Re: Delayed Text Messages and Missing Phone Calls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
I had this issue. I was originally told by the Sprint tech to "just leave the phone by the window" which really made no difference.

You've got two options if you want to keep the phone:

1) Force it into Roam-only mode
2) Call Account Services (aka retentions) and complain about missing calls, sometimes dropping calls, etc. They can send you an Airave, and that will fix the problem.
I called the tech, yelled at the girl, then transfered me to a higher tech, yelled at him. He called and it didn't go through, for once it messed up on them. So all he had my do is change the MEID. So far it's been fine, but he will call back tomarrow to check up on it.

They told me to keep it off Roaming because that may cause it do so. I can keep it on Roaming, that's what it was on when I first got my phone, before this replacemeant.

What's an Airave? If that will fix it, then I will call them back and ask them for that.

I keep meaning to ask them for credit since this has been going on for three months now, but I wont do it for some reason. They owe me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro