PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Pro
Carrier: Sprint

eagleland is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Program to use hard key to turn off screen?

I was wondering if there is a program that would a
enable you to press a hard key (or a soft key) to power off the screen. On the Pro you to go to the top of the phone, thus making it impossible to turn off the screen one-handed. Is this a long shot, or have I been missing something all this time?
Thank you for any insight,
Eagleland

Last edited by eagleland; 06-08-2009 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Program to use hard key to turn off screen?

Try this app
Attached Files
File Type: cab psShutXP Power Key - Diamond.cab (217.3 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

eagleland is a n00b

I appreciate your information, and it was exactly what I was looking for!! I have another question, do you know how I could bind the app. to a hardware key..or the d pad? Thanks again!! Eagleland
Old 06-09-2009, 05:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleland View Post
I appreciate your information, and it was exactly what I was looking for!! I have another question, do you know how I could bind the app. to a hardware key..or the d pad? Thanks again!! Eagleland

Yep, hit START then hit SETTINGS and on the PERSONAL TAB hit BUTTONS. There you will be able to change the Send Key (HOLD) to whatever app you want. Hope this helps
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i turn my screen off with one hand using the power button all the time. does your TP not let you do that?
Old 06-10-2009, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Touch Pro 2/Touch Pro/Treo 700wx

jeffH70 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
i turn my screen off with one hand using the power button all the time. does your TP not let you do that?
Unfortunately the power button also turns off the unit into sleep mode. This is different just turn off the screen.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

eagleland is a n00b

Thanks Jeff and Mylt.
you are right about the power button putting it in sleep mode. I am looking for just turning display off and with the power button on top, it is inconvienent. Mylt, My HTC pro won't let me assign any other buttons except the send (hold ) button, but that button is the soft key, lower left right?
I did install psShutxp which has the display switch, and I added it as a widget to my Shell 3.0. home layout. It will work, but I have to hit it twice. I guess the first hit starts the switch and the second shuts the screen off. I am trying to figure out how to do it with one, and tried to see if I could add the program as an exclusive program in task manager- but I cannot get that to work. I am sure there is a way, but my elevator does not hit the top floor im this area.
I can live with the 2 hit display switch, but I would like to try assigning it using the remapping of the send key...again that is the soft key?
I really appreciate the insight from all of you...thanks again,
Eagleland...
Old 06-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

eagleland is a n00b

Thank you Mike!! Is the send key on the Pro the soft key ,lower left?
Have a great rest of the day!
Old 06-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

eagleland is a n00b

Thanks Mylt, yes it does but is is awkward because of it being on top and that I also have a hard case surrounding the body making it a pain.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:45 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You have more remapping options with this app...
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro