PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lifeuw19 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery...

OK, I am being extremely lazy and not searching.. but I am PI$$ed about my TP not making 4 hours without the battery dying completely.

So... where is the cheapest (link would be nice... can't be on this phone long, or battery will die) place I can find an extra battery? My friend got a TP and his was shipped with 2! Anyone else have this luck? Are they supposed to come with 2 batteries?

I do not want an extended battery... the same one I have, just another one.

It's sad I need a charger in the bedroom, TV room, office, car, and now an extra battery... just to make it through a day!
Old 06-07-2009, 06:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

lilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to lilbitz_1018
Re: Battery...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeuw19 View Post
So... where is the cheapest (link would be nice... can't be on this phone long, or battery will die) place I can find an extra battery?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Battery-For-Sprint-HTC-Touch-Diamond-Touch-Pro-NEW-OEM_W0QQitemZ280351606430QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPDA_Ac cessories?hash=item414642069e&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 &_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1234|240%3A1 318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

idk if thats the cheapest but its the one that comes with it and im not sure if the others are knockoffs. I purchased one from this seller and received it in 2 days.

My TP also didnt come with an extra battery.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work

Before purchasing one, try going to a Sprint store and tell them (nicely) that you are not getting good battery life. I went and asked if they had any complaints and mine only lasts 5 hours or so. The girl went in the back and came out with an extra battery. I asked her how much, and she said nothing.....

Might give that a shot before spending money on one.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

pjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to pjtwist2002

yea same here i got a buddy who works for sprint i get battery's all day anything i want lol gotta love cool friends right lol
Old 06-07-2009, 08:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Ha, Ha! The (nicely) part made me laugh.

Everytime I go to a Sprint store, they take my phone, tell me it's doing whatever I say my problem is because of the apps I have on it, then hard reset the phone and I'm SOL.

I might try, and if they ask, just tell them I don't have time for them to mess with my phone, then remind them my contract is up in 3 months and I've been a customer since 99.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regression View Post
Before purchasing one, try going to a Sprint store and tell them (nicely) that you are not getting good battery life. I went and asked if they had any complaints and mine only lasts 5 hours or so. The girl went in the back and came out with an extra battery. I asked her how much, and she said nothing.....

Old 06-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjtwist2002 View Post
yea same here i got a buddy who works for sprint i get battery's all day anything i want lol gotta love cool friends right lol
Good... PM me your address... I'll send you $5, you get a battery from your buddy, and we're both happy. You get $5, I get a battery to carry around everywhere!
Old 06-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i know just the place but i'm too lazy to look!
Old 06-07-2009, 09:32 PM
j_j
PPCGeeks Regular

j_j is keeping up the good workj_j is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
i know just the place but i'm too lazy to look!
lol i'm too lazy to finish my po
Old 06-07-2009, 10:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

pastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by regression View Post

I agree in concept except don't go to a regular sales store, go to a repair center. In my experience, the "Sprint Stores" don't have spare batteries to sell much less give away. Just go in, politely complain about the TP's lousy battery life, something the tech will probably be well aware of and you'll almost certainly walk out with a spare battery or 2. When I went into my local repair center, the tech asked how many batteries I wanted. When I went into the 34th St Manhattan Sprint Store looking for a battery, they told me to buy it from the online Sprint store. Good luck finding it. They only make commissions on new sign ups and are likely to shine you on if you're looking for support or service.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:09 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

what do you guys do to have yourp hone not last 5 hours? mine will atleast last 6-7 i think the rom i have now might be a reason why it doesnt last as long but idk. that ebay link? was that the 2 for $20? oem batteries

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro