PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2009, 02:36 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Carrier: Sprint

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to strra
My Solution to Overheating While Tethered

tethered internet is the only internet access i have at the moment, so heat has become an issue. i've solved it in some not-so-practical ways such as putting the phone in the window on a cold day or setting it on a box fan lying flat. i wanted something a little more practical so i made this:

it consists of an extended battery back, a fan from a 486 heatsink, and a 12v AC adapter i had lying around... cost me a total of $18 on ebay.
i just drilled holes for screws and cut a 1.25"x1.25" hole for airflow.
as you can see, i scratched the back a couple times while cutting and drilling, but this wasn't made for looks
sorry i don't have any pictures of it on the phone, but my phone is the only camera i have!

Last edited by strra; 06-07-2009 at 02:41 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 06-07-2009, 03:24 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: My Solution to Overheating While Tethered

lol, that's so awesome
Old 06-07-2009, 04:25 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

haha, i sit my phone on an air purifier when i tether... its pathetic that it has come to this type of solution, but thats how it is i guess.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:10 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

here's mine, it's a peltier cooler. now I can be lazy when I want a cold drink too.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
here's mine, it's a peltier cooler. now I can be lazy when I want a cold drink too.
That is HILARIOUS
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

zepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Nothing new, the idea has been done by me and a few others.
Cheapest way is to place your phone over a blue ice pack in the bag. Put some foil between the phone and the pack to cool it quicker.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:28 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Man, I can't believe your phone gets that hot. Seems like it should never get hot enough for you to have to do any of these things. Mine never gets very hot. I must be lucky. NOT!
Old 06-07-2009, 11:45 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Man, I can't believe your phone gets that hot. Seems like it should never get hot enough for you to have to do any of these things. Mine never gets very hot. I must be lucky. NOT!
so was that sarcasm? heavy cell radio usage generates quite abit of heat. the reason for keeping it cool is for the battery so it will keep charging.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:54 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

No, my phone never really gets very hot.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:56 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth

not even after a hour call or streaming music/vid? Your lucky!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro