PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: when you flash a new rom do you...
download the rom on your computer, extract on your computer and flash via your computer? 100 57.14%
download the rom on your computer, extract on your computer and flash via your micro sd? 56 32.00%
download the rom on your computer, extract on your phone and flash via your micro sd? 4 2.29%
download the rom on your phone, extract on your phone and flash via your micro sd? 15 8.57%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2009, 05:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: hTC touch-pro 2!
Carrier: sprint

dee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking do you flash via micro sd

just wanted to see how many people like me that dont get to a computer often will download and extract and flash and unlock and relock all via micro sd.

its pretty easy i have like 8 roms on my card just the .nbh's ready to flash and here and there i flash one then the next slowly deleting a few getting the newer version andupdating all the time its all from my card didnt touch a computer...

thanks to the chefs and hackers at ppc geeks and xda developers
Old 06-05-2009, 05:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: evo 4g
Carrier: boost

Isriam is keeping up the good workIsriam is keeping up the good work
Re: do you flash via micro sd

i only flash via sd card. never use ruu.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint - SimplyEverything

tgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to tgmuhammad Send a message via AIM to tgmuhammad Send a message via MSN to tgmuhammad Send a message via Yahoo to tgmuhammad

I've only had an opportunity to use RUU, because the ROMs that I have flashed have only been available in RUU. Haven't found one that flashs from micro sd that I've wanted to try, yet...
"If I've shared info that was helpful 2 U, it's always nice 2 get a Thank You!"
Old 06-05-2009, 07:16 PM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmuhammad View Post
I've only had an opportunity to use RUU, because the ROMs that I have flashed have only been available in RUU. Haven't found one that flashs from micro sd that I've wanted to try, yet...
they all have nbh files so they all can be flashed from storage just have to extracted and renamed
Old 06-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I flash via desktop because I'm to lazy to read up on how to flash via SD card... someday... maybe....
Old 06-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sammy Epic
Carrier: Sprint

strickly_ppc670 is keeping up the good workstrickly_ppc670 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to strickly_ppc670

Flash via MicroSd. No issues using the 8gb, but using the 16gb it had me stuck in "rainbow" mode. Move the .nbh to the 8 gb root- BAM! not a problem.
----------Priceless ----------
Old 06-05-2009, 09:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

always flash from sd but download to pc since its faster.
if i flash from pc for some reason i always go into bootloader to avoid activesync.
i never use activesync anymore and find it annoying when the pc wants to connect.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:13 AM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

I do both on my Diamond I keep a stock pile of ROMs on my Internal Storage so if im away from my home computer I can still flash,

I probably prefer flashing from my PC though just cause I can download the ROM 2-3 times faster and I dont have to pull the battery cover off when its done to poke the reset button.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ROMs.jpg (60.9 KB, 39 views) Click for barcode!

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 06-06-2009, 02:54 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

I always flash via microSD, except for official shipped roms.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: evo 4g
Carrier: boost

Isriam is keeping up the good workIsriam is keeping up the good work

1) name the RUU_Signed.nbh -> RAPHIGM.nbh

2) place it on the root folder of SD Card i.e. E:\

3) Hold Pwr + Vol UP and hit reset. Continue holding Pwr + Vol up until rainbow screen.

4) Follow directions
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro