PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 05:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

fakeguy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A little help

Ok I've never asked for help because I always look and usually figure things out on my own. My friend has a TP that was messing up. We had trouble flashing but eventually got it done. Now the keyboard stopped working and he needs to get it to stock before turning it back in.

Here is where it gets ugly. I've tried flashing but had trouble with it taking the ROM. The highest it got was 80%. I can't get anything on there and I've tried tons of tips from this forum. Now I can't even get past 0%. I can get to the tricolor screen but that is it. I've tried tons of ROMS but the last one I got was the stock one which made it to 80%. I finally gave up and was able to relock it since nothing was working in hopes that the 80% + relocked would get them to not notice it. My question is, is that enough for them not to notice? If not what should the screen that says Touch Pro and has red numbers at the bottom say? Im gonna have to try here soon just wanna know my chances. Thanks.

Sorry for the essay...
Old 06-01-2009, 05:29 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: A little help

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeguy View Post
Ok I've never asked for help because I always look and usually figure things out on my own. My friend has a TP that was messing up. We had trouble flashing but eventually got it done. Now the keyboard stopped working and he needs to get it to stock before turning it back in.

Here is where it gets ugly. I've tried flashing but had trouble with it taking the ROM. The highest it got was 80%. I can't get anything on there and I've tried tons of tips from this forum. Now I can't even get past 0%. I can get to the tricolor screen but that is it. I've tried tons of ROMS but the last one I got was the stock one which made it to 80%. I finally gave up and was able to relock it since nothing was working in hopes that the 80% + relocked would get them to not notice it. My question is, is that enough for them not to notice? If not what should the screen that says Touch Pro and has red numbers at the bottom say? Im gonna have to try here soon just wanna know my chances. Thanks.

Sorry for the essay...

I've exchanged out 3 touch pros and i never reflash with the stock rom, I don't think they really care. Plus when i worked there, we for sure did not care about that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

fakeguy is a n00b

Hmm... Thanks for the answer Ill give it a shot. Actually my friend will and he has the worst luck ever. Oh well thanks again.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff

try flashing the official rom using the sd card method. Worth a shot.

They might not care..but Ive always reflashed back to stock before I bring it in. Better safe then sorry. If they notice and want to be an *** you will not be covered under insurance or factory warranty. Youll have to buy a new phone straight up.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

even if they said no, you could take your phone with you and try flashing again, so technically you have no worries.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

fakeguy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeg420 View Post
try flashing the official rom using the sd card method. Worth a shot.

They might not care..but Ive always reflashed back to stock before I bring it in. Better safe then sorry. If they notice and want to be an *** you will not be covered under insurance or factory warranty. Youll have to buy a new phone straight up.

I tried that, it's on the card now and it just stays at the loading screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
even if they said no, you could take your phone with you and try flashing again, so technically you have no worries.
True, and I have an extra phone Id lend him until the TP2 comes out anyway.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

fakeguy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I've exchanged out 3 touch pros and i never reflash with the stock rom, I don't think they really care. Plus when i worked there, we for sure did not care about that.

Looks like you were right. His new one will be here Wednesday. Thanks.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeguy View Post
Looks like you were right. His new one will be here Wednesday. Thanks.
glad I could help. All the times i've seen they never trip off of it. I guess people always flash back because its better to be safe then sorry, so i understand them, I just never flash back personally =D>

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro