PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2009, 10:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Griz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Using your TP as a modem

Worked great for me too. I was using the HTC Touch but just got the Pro.
Thanks
Old 08-08-2009, 12:33 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

yet another one.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touchpro
Carrier: Sprint since '99

LeaguePro is a n00b

this worked once for me and now the response varies from error67 and remote party has ended the connection. not sure what if any were the specific steps i took to get it to work that first time. i have no wifi on my laptop. i was so excited when i got it to work and now have spent 4hrs trying different things to get this to work. I ASKED SPRINT TO GIVE ME THE PHONE AS MODEM PLAN AND THEY SAID THAT ADD ON IS NO LONGER BEING OFFERED, NOT IF I CHANGE MY PLAN NOT ANYTHING THERE IS NO PHONE AS MODEM, SO I ASKED IF I COULD MAKE IT WORK ON MY OWN BECAUSE I KNOW IT IS POSSIBLE, WOULD I CHARGED ANY VIOLATION FEE OR GET IN TROUBLE IN ANY WAY AND THEY SAID "NO IF YOU CAN DO IT THEN THERE WILL BE NO VIOLATION"... and now the darn thing wont work and its driving me CRAZY
Old 08-09-2009, 12:35 AM
War is the answer!

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaguePro View Post
this worked once for me and now the response varies from error67 and remote party has ended the connection. not sure what if any were the specific steps i took to get it to work that first time. i have no wifi on my laptop. i was so excited when i got it to work and now have spent 4hrs trying different things to get this to work. I ASKED SPRINT TO GIVE ME THE PHONE AS MODEM PLAN AND THEY SAID THAT ADD ON IS NO LONGER BEING OFFERED, NOT IF I CHANGE MY PLAN NOT ANYTHING THERE IS NO PHONE AS MODEM, SO I ASKED IF I COULD MAKE IT WORK ON MY OWN BECAUSE I KNOW IT IS POSSIBLE, WOULD I CHARGED ANY VIOLATION FEE OR GET IN TROUBLE IN ANY WAY AND THEY SAID "NO IF YOU CAN DO IT THEN THERE WILL BE NO VIOLATION"... and now the darn thing wont work and its driving me CRAZY
lol well Im pretty good friends with a sprint worker who would say differently but that's nothing new for sprint not to know what they have already in writing.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:52 AM
Lurker

LeaguePro is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrlude View Post
I am assuming you have a stock ROM. If so, install the following cab, unless you have already done so. Then go to programs and select Internet Sharing press connect and then connect the data cable. Your PC will install the necessary drivers, should work for you.

i now get it to say connected everytime, and my pc's network connections says that im connected to the internet but when i open internet explorer it say IE can not connect to the web site, "it appears you are connected to the internet but page will not load" "most likely cause, you are not connected to the internet" WTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFFFFFFF EFFIN F
Old 08-09-2009, 12:57 AM
Lurker

LeaguePro is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler View Post
lol well Im pretty good friends with a sprint worker who would say differently but that's nothing new for sprint not to know what they have already in writing.

IM a little confused about what your saying they have in writeing. they said if i had an old plan i could get phone as modem but because my new plan is a"new plan" it can not be changed back to the old planand they will not be offering phone as modem on any new plans and once you switch to a new plan you can not change back you must be grandfathered in. didnt make a whole lotta sense to me so i asked for the girl to put it in the notes and als requested an interaction record number, which she gave me. im not real happy with them right now it took 9 replacements of my mogul with crap reconditioned moguls, IN 5 WEEKS, for them to upgraded me to a pro. so i wouldnt doubt she had no idea what she was talking about.

Last edited by LeaguePro; 08-09-2009 at 12:59 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH
Carrier: Sprint

HTC_TOUCH89 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to HTC_TOUCH89 Send a message via MSN to HTC_TOUCH89

i used to use internet sharing on my HTC VOGUE from sprint but then i ran over it and they gave me the HTC touch pro cause they no longer offer the VOGUE. So i intalled internet sharing and it connected but i was super slow and couldnt watch videos or download music like i used to do with the vogue and i would loose connection and get error messages once in a wile. so i whent oline and tryed PdaNet 2.0 trial versio and it was amazing how fast and error free it was but then it expired so i had to downgrade to PdaNet 1.8 wich is now free and works just as good.

PdaNet 1.8 or 2.0 are actualy way better and easiyer to use once installed all you have to do is connect your USB cable to your computer and phone and it will automaticly connet to the internet. ITS DEFENATLY A MUST HAVE.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:48 AM
War is the answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC_TOUCH89 View Post
i used to use internet sharing on my HTC VOGUE from sprint but then i ran over it and they gave me the HTC touch pro cause they no longer offer the VOGUE. So i intalled internet sharing and it connected but i was super slow and couldnt watch videos or download music like i used to do with the vogue and i would loose connection and get error messages once in a wile. so i whent oline and tryed PdaNet 2.0 trial versio and it was amazing how fast and error free it was but then it expired so i had to downgrade to PdaNet 1.8 wich is now free and works just as good.

PdaNet 1.8 or 2.0 are actualy way better and easiyer to use once installed all you have to do is connect your USB cable to your computer and phone and it will automaticly connet to the internet. ITS DEFENATLY A MUST HAVE.
where have you been? you apparently didnt do your homework before you came in here or did you just start typing without thinking?

Last edited by WarChild; 08-09-2009 at 08:50 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon Droid
Carrier: Verizon

pscpa is a n00b

Thanks HTC_Touch 89!!! Worked great for me!
Old 08-09-2009, 11:30 AM
War is the answer!

your a fool if you pay for something you get for free. the speed has nothing to do with this kind of software its the phone and its connection. But I guess I cant be mad at ya if you just like spending money for no reason.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro