PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2009, 03:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Dooper is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So where is a decent 6.5 Rom for the touch pro?

I got a TP that's never been upgraded. Stock everything..

I've been waiting for a decent 6.5 release, everyone talking about bugs and crap on these premature versions.

Has a decent 6.5 came out yet? I want to upgrade to it.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:08 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: So where is a decent 6.5 Rom for the touch pro?

Check this other thread asking the exact same question...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=70104
Old 05-29-2009, 04:19 PM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

6.5 sucks. stick to 6.1!

Scroll to Post #6 for explanation please...

Last edited by brushrop03; 05-29-2009 at 05:34 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:42 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
6.5 sucks. stick to 6.1!
Apparently you haven't tried a 6.5 rom recently. Or maybe you skipped over all of the ones on this site. Or maybe you just expected too much. But I have run at least 6-7 6.5 roms from this site in the past few weeks and all of them
are very stable and run well.

Whatever the problem was that you had with 6.5, I would recommend that you try again with one from Mighty, Juicy, SSK, Bored, Longhorn, Silence, Merdin, etc, etc, etc.

(I did not list all the good chefs, I just listed a few off the top of my head. No disrespect meant to any chefs that I did not list).
Old 05-29-2009, 04:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

I am running the Mighty Rom 5 (windows 6.5) right now and I love it. every now and then there is a slight lag, but over all a GREAT ROM. I am going to try 4R3born asap

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
Old 05-29-2009, 05:03 PM
brushrop03

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Apparently you haven't tried a 6.5 rom recently. Or maybe you skipped over all of the ones on this site. Or maybe you just expected too much. But I have run at least 6-7 6.5 roms from this site in the past few weeks and all of them
are very stable and run well.

Whatever the problem was that you had with 6.5, I would recommend that you try again with one from Mighty, Juicy, SSK, Bored, Longhorn, Silence, Merdin, etc, etc, etc.

(I did not list all the good chefs, I just listed a few off the top of my head. No disrespect meant to any chefs that I did not list).
I've been flashing for the past two days. I didn't say any of the roms were unstable or not usable. i just didn't like 6.5. I used Mighty 5.

i tried 6.5 for all of yesterday. i lost my start menu! getting to my apps wasn't fun. Looked nice but it seemed to have lost alot of its "ease of use". But unless theres someway to get that Start Menu back and edit that "Windows Default" home screen. Is there somewhere I can put my favorite applications at the tip of my fingers without buying some Home screen cab? If so then I might be game. I didn't see any speed difference either btw.

I wouldn't make such claims unless i've tried something.

Thanks
Old 05-29-2009, 05:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker

robp23 is keeping up the good workrobp23 is keeping up the good workrobp23 is keeping up the good work

Well, Ill tell you what. I have tried I think just about all of them and this is what I have came to. People have their likes and dislikes. Some what the "old" start menu for navigation reasons. Some like Manilla, where as some like the new 6.5 windows Chrome panels. But, you can download programs to org your start menu like "reStart" that allows you to move programs and create folders and what not. There is also chrome editors that allow you to edit the panels(search software forum).

With that said. The EnergyRom3.0 right now has that already done. Plus it is VERY stable. I use it everyday and have not had one "lockup/freeze". Its the one that "I" like as of now.....but, there are other chefs cooking up some mean roms also.

Sure, people are going to tell you to search and all that other jazz but there is nothing wrong with asking your question. Its a vaild question.

So there ya go, go arm yourself with some more info and go to town.

Thank god for my Scotch and Irish blood!
Blow'em Up, Shoot'em Down', Make'em ALL Hug The Ground!
Know your rights! Don't let the beaurocrats make your choices. Remember "For the people, by the people"
Old 05-29-2009, 05:21 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
6.5 sucks. stick to 6.1!

WOW helpful post

Silence 6.5 is good

Mighty mikes 6.5 is good

many many others out there

site has a GREAT search function
Old 05-29-2009, 05:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker

robp23 is keeping up the good workrobp23 is keeping up the good workrobp23 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I've been flashing for the past two days. I didn't say any of the roms were unstable or not usable. i just didn't like 6.5. I used Mighty 5.

i tried 6.5 for all of yesterday. i lost my start menu! getting to my apps wasn't fun. Looked nice but it seemed to have lost alot of its "ease of use". But unless theres someway to get that Start Menu back and edit that "Windows Default" home screen. Is there somewhere I can put my favorite applications at the tip of my fingers without buying some Home screen cab? If so then I might be game. I didn't see any speed difference either btw.

I wouldn't make such claims unless i've tried something.

Thanks
Well, I can say that 6.5 for sure doesnt suck. Its something NEW and therefor you have to re-learn something again. But, the Start menu can be edited(search for restart-I think thats what its called), there are chrome editors that allow you to edit your panels. Hell, there are plenty of chrome plugins floating around as well.
But, to just say that it "sucks" is a bad choice of words.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:33 PM
brushrop03

Why do people think i'm talking about the roms themselves? I'm talking about 6.5 in general. Did i say Mighty's 6.5 sucked? no...i didnt.

And i posted an explanation in post #6 to elaborate more. Sorry I didn't include it in my original post, but if you would have read...

Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro