PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 01:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Has anyone else encountered an issue with not being able to send picture messages?

Before anyone says anything, yes I have picture messages included with my plan. So a couple of days ago I tried to send a picture message for work, however my phone refused to send the message. I can recieve picture messages, however I cannot send them. I first thought this might be a rom issue so i reflashed actually 2 roms and still no dice.

The phone shows that its trying to send the picture message. the "sending message" icon occures at the top of the screen. When I press the icon it says 0% complete. I wait for about 15 - 20 minutes and check the icon again 0% complete. When I am doing this I do have reception and I am not roaming. Any help will be appreciated.

DavidinCT "I was going to say something like......So I bumped into your girl and noticed the cheeze...then she said she was happy to find a real man....but, I just cant"
Old 05-28-2009, 03:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

lilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to lilbitz_1018
Re: Has anyone else encountered an issue with not being able to send picture messages

maybe try uninstalling and installing Arcsoft mms again. what rom are you using and what carrier? try the sprint arcsoft mms and see if it works. it takes about 5 second from i click send for it to be uploaded and sent.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff
Re: Has anyone else encountered an issue with not being able to send picture messages

Right now I am using the Warrior Rom. When I noticed this error, i actually switched roms to MightyRom4 R3BORN and also G53 rom and tried it again with no luck. 5 seconds is not a bad time but 15 minutes?!
Oh, Im on Verizon.

**ok so I dl Arcsoft but thats not working so im gonna try another ROM. Its just weird that ive been on the same plan for 3 years and just now having problems.

Last edited by Weapondrift; 05-28-2009 at 05:44 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

legend11 is a n00b

Try: in text messenging - menu - pics/video options - srevers - click on the connection (mine is Altell MMSC) - set connect via: to The internet

hope this works, does on mine
Old 05-28-2009, 10:30 AM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

when i was on Verizon i had this problem...thats actually one of the hundreds of reasons i switched...(the other being hundreds of benjamins) every issue is different, but the problem i had was with the account itself...

they had blocked picture messaging only, somehow, and that wouldnt allow me to send picture messages. i think that the version of arcsoft you are using makes a difference to, sometimes. like i said, each issue is different..id call V$W first and see what they say.

Help Me Help You
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

thank you sir, i will call them and see what i can come up with
Old 05-28-2009, 04:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6800, potential Blackberry World edition user
Carrier: Alltel provides the minutes, but PpcGeeks is my service...

Flakmunkey is keeping up the good workFlakmunkey is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Flakmunkey

something else you might want to consider is, are you having this problem sending to a certain person, or several? if several, are they on the same network (that network not being verizon) and consider their phone. Ive had this issue before and it was because the person I was trying to send to had a phone that was not up to the total awesomeness that is any of our ppc's. because of that, thephone couldnt recognize the format of the picture and the size.... i ended up having to find areformatter somewhere (and i cant remember where) and format the pic to something she could handle...
Old 05-28-2009, 05:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!
Carrier: Sprint

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flakmunkey View Post
something else you might want to consider is, are you having this problem sending to a certain person, or several? if several, are they on the same network (that network not being verizon) and consider their phone. Ive had this issue before and it was because the person I was trying to send to had a phone that was not up to the total awesomeness that is any of our ppc's. because of that, thephone couldnt recognize the format of the picture and the size.... i ended up having to find areformatter somewhere (and i cant remember where) and format the pic to something she could handle...

Yes I agree! My wife is still with Verizon as I have moved on to greener pastures (Sprint) and she has the Juke phone. When I try to send her a pic, I have to take the pic as a 1mp rather than the awesomeness (sorry for stealing your word Flak) of the 3.2mp's. So I have to remind her to constantly *228 her stupid phone so it updates...

Good luck with that, I would also try the Arcsoft reinstall?? Best-br

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
Old 05-29-2009, 01:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flakmunkey View Post
Im actually having trouble sending to anyone on my phone. I took a picture of an isopod (insect) the other day and tried sending it to my roommate...came back as not sendable. I then took a picture of my middle finger cause i wanted my phone to see how it made me feel :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydjbobby74 View Post
Yes I agree! My wife is still with Verizon as I have moved on to greener pastures (Sprint) and she has the Juke phone. When I try to send her a pic, I have to take the pic as a 1mp rather than the awesomeness (sorry for stealing your word Flak) of the 3.2mp's. So I have to remind her to constantly *228 her stupid phone so it updates...

why would the phone even start doing that? "initial programming required"?
Old 05-29-2009, 03:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6800, potential Blackberry World edition user
Carrier: Alltel provides the minutes, but PpcGeeks is my service...

Flakmunkey is keeping up the good workFlakmunkey is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Flakmunkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydjbobby74 View Post

Haha its all good bro! Im just happy that such a word even exists for times when something needs to be discribed as better than the best! Use it proudly and spread the word!:head bang:

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro