PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2009, 10:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: hTC touch-pro 2!
Carrier: sprint

dee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wink how would i extract cabs from custom roms

ok ive lokked around a bit but couldnt find out how to do this , i basically want some cabs from some custom roms but am happy with the one i'm on (jd's) but i liked a lot of the apps i saw on other ppl's roms and i want to get them so i want to know how i would do that is there a way to extract them from the .nbh or something and is it possible to do it all from my phone? i greatly appreciate all your help in advance thanks.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose
Re: how would i extract cabs from custom roms

well the best thing to do is search for the prgrams you like.. odds are you can simply download them in cab form off the net.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

dee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouMayLose View Post
well the best thing to do is search for the prgrams you like.. odds are you can simply download them in cab form off the net.
ye i know but i dont remember whats in each rom and i cant be botheres searchin the web and some of the apps where fixed by the guys who wrote the rom so i wanted to be able to extract it or something any ideas how i could do it
Old 05-22-2009, 11:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose

I believe most of the programs in roms are in oem form and not cab form..unless you no how to build a rom I dont think you can just pull the programs off there's
Old 05-22-2009, 11:42 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

OEM's can be installed without flashing. But OEM's are how chefs add programs to their roms. You can find directions on how to do this in my Custom VGA OEM thread in my sig, I think post #4...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
OEM's can be installed without flashing. But OEM's are how chefs add programs to their roms. You can find directions on how to do this in my Custom VGA OEM thread in my sig, I think post #4...
i read your thread and got that nuepackage.... thingo, ok so now i can install oem's the question now is what do i need to open the .nbh folder, how would i find the oems , what program etc can i do it from my phone? thanks youve been a great help
Old 05-22-2009, 12:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Pre 2, Evo
Carrier: Sprint

tersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stuff

you can use prepit to decompile a rom (if the ROM isn't protected that is). http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=18745 download the vouge kitchen tools and follow the instructions in the post. if the rom is protected then you will just have to ask the chef nicely if he will share the file you are looking for.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro