PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 02:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: cricket

titans_fan53 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow Music tab issues

Hey guys...I'm fairly new to this site as this is my first post but I have read and read MANY posts concerning upgrades, tweaks and such. Lots of good information on here so I'm hoping maybe someone will now what I've Done wrong!

BTW...I have a Touch Pro that has been flashed over to cricket. I do not know what ROM was installed on it.

I've finally hit a speed bump (or it could be the fact that I've been tryin to fix the problem now for about 5 hours!) with the music tab. It started off fine with the exception of a preloaded album graphic that seemed to be attached to every one of the mp3s. I wanted to clear it off but couldn't find a way to do so. Like a fool....I went and deleted all my music (storage card only) and proceeded to try and reload them hoping that this stupid album cover wouldn't be there. I succeeded in doing so but in the process have messed up the music. I can access all my music through the standard WMP but it will no longer play when I slide over to the music tab. I go under the library and it is still there but it has an exclamation point next to it. Could someone PLEASE tell me how to restore this thing! any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuff
Re: Music tab issues

In WMP go into menu and select "update library"
Old 05-21-2009, 11:45 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

titans_fan53 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutrrob View Post
In WMP go into menu and select "update library"
I don't have a problem playing music in WMP just when I scroll over to the music tab on the main page. For some reason when I check all my music folders in activesync they are empty but the phone is still showing that I have some in there although the links are broken. I can't figure out how to clear the music files and start fresh.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:54 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to the general Touch Pro Forum.

late,
Coz
Old 05-21-2009, 12:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker

gutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuff

Open file explorer/My device, open application data folder, open HTC folder, open audiomanager folder and delete audiomanager_eng file. If you have problems deleting it try turning TF3D off than softreset than delete
Old 05-21-2009, 12:31 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

titans_fan53 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutrrob View Post
Open file explorer/My device, open application data folder, open HTC folder, open audiomanager folder and delete audiomanager_eng file. If you have problems deleting it try turning TF3D off than softreset than delete
Hey thanks for that. It seems as if it took the (!) away from the songs but the songs that do show up are still not playing. Do you think that its a broken link somewhere?
Old 05-21-2009, 02:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Try activesyne and resyne the music
Old 06-16-2009, 04:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

pdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuff

Found this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAguila View Post
UPDATE: I got it working but I had to do a lot. I used the htc audio manager that was in the ppc kitchen when I built the rom and it gave me this error. I found a zipped copy of htc audio manager for vga and copied the files over and overwrote the installed ones. I then renamed the audiomanager.exe to audiomanager_eng.exe and copied it over to windows and told it to overwrite the rom file. Now it is working.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro