PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2009, 09:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bugsysiegals is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Battery Lasts 3 hours w/WM 6.5 ???

I believe I've noticed this happen in the past but not like it does not. Ever since I upgraded to the WM 6.5 Mighty Rom v4.25, my battery life has not lasted more than 3 hours!

I know the problem but dont know why it's happening. I can lock my phone, sit it down on the table without touching it, and no matter what, the backlight always seems to randomly turn on and never shut off.

I know it used to happen sometimes with the stock ROM and I thought I was going to receive a text message but then I never did although the light would shut back off. Perhaps it was switching cell towers. Now though, it turns on and doesnt shut off. This is causing the screen protector to get hot and move all around plus my battery life not lasting more than 3 hours which is just rediculous.

Anybody know why this is happening?
Old 05-19-2009, 10:24 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
Re: Battery Lasts 3 hours w/WM 6.5 ???

What do you have installed? Something is not compatible. I've found 6.5 roms actually have better battery. However, my battery gets screwed up once I install all my programs. I'm trying to find out what's causing my battery drain as well.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:38 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

bugsysiegals is a n00b

Hmmmm ... I cant remember the battery draining this fast when I first flashed the ROM and didn't have anything installed but I really dont remember how long it lasted either.

I have MusicID, Palringo, PPCPimBackup, 1-Calc, and MFM (Mobile Finance Manager) installed.

I'm going to hard reset and try the phone for the day without any programs installed and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks
Old 05-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm running MR5 on my phone and can run through the day with normal reception.

I used to run my phone to disallow roaming, but since set it to automatic. I've found that the battery life has improved significantly for some reason and can easily last the day now as opposed to before when it would only last for about 6-9 hours.

Also I've found that leaving Opera on in the background can kill the battery in about an hour or two, especially if you left it on a site that constantly polls for data, like the finance.google.com's tickers.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:03 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

bugsysiegals is a n00b

I think I really noticed it dieing fast after installing Palringo. I did notice something in the startup folder for Palringo so perhaps it has some process that is constantly running even without starting the application?? I do believe I get notifications saying I have messages waiting even when Palringo was never running.

I just hard reset so we'll see how it goes with a fresh build.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

bugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuff

Palringo (when active) keeps you connected to their server so it will drain your battery quickly...as will having skyfire open for a lnog period of time or any other app that requires full connectivity to the net
Old 05-20-2009, 09:26 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

bugsysiegals is a n00b

Wow, I hard reset the phone and didnt install anything and my phone lasted all day and still had plenty of energy.

Even though I wasnt starting Palringo, there was something in the windows/startup that said Palringo. My guess is that any application that keeps polling the server or listening for push notification must really burn down the battery.

I wonder if it's because of the running of the program or because it activates the backlight frequently.

There is autodataconfig, poutlook, and voice command in there with a fresh image so I'm guessing none of those listen for data or they do it silently in the background without activating the backlight.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro