PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2009, 09:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant
Carrier: Bell

Andrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Andrewwelton
Pros and Cons of the Touch Pro?

My little sister wants to get one of these. If you guys would like to give me some pros and cons about this phone I would appreciate it.... Maybe then she will stop bugging me about she doesnt know what phone to get. :P

She is very concerned about the keyboard and battery life, as well as just general use.

Help me out TP users
Old 08-22-2009, 09:10 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: Pros and Cons of the Touch Pro?

battery life stinks and overheating issues but still better than a iphone!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 1
Carrier: Cricket

915_tuscani is becoming a great contributor

I love my TP i would consider her getting that one, pros: everything about the phone is awsome, i have no cons. Theres tweaks and hacks to fix battery issues no problem on that. never had anyproblems with my keyboard, knock on wood. So i will give you the go ahead on the TP. LOL
Old 08-22-2009, 09:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

impulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

does she want the phone because she knows how to use it, or because it just "looks cool"?
Old 08-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Andrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuffAndrewwelton knows their stuff

She wants one because it "looks cool" and she wants to do the kind of things me and my dad do with ours.
I have a vogue (I make roms for mine)
My dad has a diamond, he flashes ROMS to his often.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I love my TP. The only real con is the battery life. I'm not calling anyone a lair but in my experience with the hacks and stuff your looking at about 14 hours. It is not great. Mighty Mike ROMs probably get the best battery life. I had a Moto Q9c it would go a couple days on a charge you will not get that kind of life out of a TP.

I have not had any keyboard issues so far.

It is a very cool phone.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro

robzZz4 is a n00b

Lets be honest with the guy...the touch pro has all the things possible to make it the most awesome phone i've ever owned BUT my problem with it is the freakin lag...lagging when i switch from landscape to regular mode, lagging with the texting, lagging when someone calls (it flashes a couple times before i know whose calling) but this of course is stock rom problems....
Old 08-22-2009, 10:10 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Aww maaan!!
Just find her a Vogue!!
Old 08-22-2009, 10:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I see... well 14 hours of battery life should be more than enough for her... I'm sure she wont mind plugging it in every night or so.... she most likely will not be a heavy user.
As for the lag, thanks for letting me know about that. Is it just little moments or very very noticable lag? Do these issues go away after flashing a custom ROM?

And horndoctor, she says vogues are not "cool" and I have one so she doesnt want the same phone.... shes lame lol :P
Old 08-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewwelton View Post

And horndoctor, she says vogues are not "cool" and I have one so she doesnt want the same phone.... shes lame lol :P
horndoc is the only one who thinks that lol! (it was a cool phone, no overheating)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro