PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2009, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

extensive is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
#777 username/password

i was messing around with my phone and now it wont connect out to the internet. i keep getting a prompt for the #777 connection and i have no idea what my username/password is? i know verizons back in the day was generic so im hoping you guys can tell me what sprints is?

thanks
Old 05-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630
Carrier: Sprint

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: #777 username/password

You need it to be what's on your account.

Try this:
Start -> Settings -> System
Run Update PRL and Update Profile
Soft reset your phone and try it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:25 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Or, delete the connection, set it up again (name: Sprint PCS, dial #777) and when it prompts you for the user name and password, leave it blank. Next time you connect to the internet for the first time it will prompt you with the user name and password screen, don't enter anything and click the check box to save the entry. you will not be prompted again.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:25 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

just leave them blank and check the box to remember.
it's been a common issue lately
Old 05-15-2009, 05:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Blackwiz is just getting started

I called sprint about the same issue and they said its a problem they are trying to work on. So it may not be on from your end, but from their end... Call sprint tomorrow or try it tomorrow to see if they fixed the problem.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

extensive is becoming a great contributor

thanks guys for the help, it looks like its working now. i did call sprint before i posted and the idiot i was on the phone with told me i needed a microsoft live account, like hotmail or something. wow.

thanks again.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:13 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by extensive View Post
thanks guys for the help, it looks like its working now. i did call sprint before i posted and the idiot i was on the phone with told me i needed a microsoft live account, like hotmail or something. wow.

thanks again.

wow, lol

##DATA#
Enter MSL
bottom right softkey, restore.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 05-15-2009, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epix
Carrier: AT&T

ianderson_76 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to ianderson_76 Send a message via Yahoo to ianderson_76

Quote:

thanks again.
Super WOW!!!

Quote:
Or, delete the connection, set it up again (name: Sprint PCS, dial #777) and when it prompts you for the user name and password, leave it blank. Next time you connect to the internet for the first time it will prompt you with the user name and password screen, don't enter anything and click the check box to save the entry. you will not be prompted again.
From a Sprint employee, this is the right fix.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwiz View Post
I called sprint about the same issue and they said its a problem they are trying to work on. So it may not be on from your end, but from their end... Call sprint tomorrow or try it tomorrow to see if they fixed the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
just leave them blank and check the box to remember.
it's been a common issue lately
I know a guy who cant use data at all now because of this "issue" they are wroking.

Same thing happaned to me when I went to fire up connection sharing. It wouldnt connect. Tried agian on the web, wouldnt connect. Soft reset and it was fine agian until I tried to ICS then bam, off the network again. Soft reset and used opera... No ICS for me! WTF?!?!?!?!

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 05-15-2009, 06:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:

thanks again.
You dont have to call me an idiot. I thought you said something else when I talked to you. Thats why I made those suggestions, I was jut trying to help. Some people....

Nah, just kidding, I dont work for sprint! hahahahahaha

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro