PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Skelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I'm convinced

TP is the shizzy best phone since the 6700 for sure this man just hasnt read enough to make it the way he wants it and make it stable IMO
Old 05-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

First smart phone I've ever bought, and I have to say the combined power of both it AND this forum have made the experience entirely enjoyable. I do not, however, offer any recommendations to other people without cautionary advice regarding it's learning curve, and the commitment one must have to optimizing the device.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:08 PM
j_j
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

j_j is keeping up the good workj_j is keeping up the good work

If the touch pro is horrible someone point me to something great in comparison that's out right now... palm pre hasn't been released so it may or may not be awesome.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work

This is my first smartphone, too. I had some experience with WM on older non-phone PDAs, though. I mostly like the phone and aside from any future hardware failure (knock on plastic), all gripes I currently have should be resolved by an official WM6.5 release and/or a custom ROM. Finger friendliness is my largest complaint (e-mail, RSS and other non-TF3D/kinetic scroll apps). Next is general performance - it's not bad but my Exchange inbox is huge and takes a few seconds to load. And programs should open faster for 528mhz. It does run faster w/o TF3D on but 6.1 w/o TF3D is painful, imo. If a custom ROM can make the phone feel generally as snappy WITH TF3D as it felt without TF3D on the stock ROM, then I'd say I would be completely happy with the phone.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:41 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

dUDE, this is the best thing happening right now. All you gotta do is take it to an obedience school and all is good.. no really, horrible is a bad choice of word. It may be challenging for you to get it to work right but it is indeed possible, hell Mogul was alright while it lasted...
Old 05-12-2009, 06:51 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Well, I'm gonna have to disagree here.

I have three TP's & I LOVE them. They are all highly tweaked & have every program & app ever invented in them (one of them has so many apps installed that it only has 30 megs of memory left)

Mine NEVER freeze up unless I do something stupid. The one I use daily has been running for a week now without a restart & it's still running just fine........

~John
\

I must agree with you, though I only have 1 TP (and 1 Diamond for that matter), both of which are loaded with apps and run very very well. Certain programs cause both phones to misbehave a little, programs which were on my more for novelty than anything, and thus those programs have been removed. The phone runs well, Windows runs well, the problem begins certain 3rd party apps either alone or in conjucntion with others. Unlike Apple who monitors every app available for the phone, Windows does no such thing and thus the stability of Windows with 3rd party apps cannot be guaranteed. I love the TP (a little bulky I must admit), and the Diamond (a little more acutally) and look forward to the successors of them both.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:13 PM
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Funny, even stock I'd never have agreed this phone is crap. Yes, I have SERIOUS complaints about the battery and overheating preventing charging, but in every other way this phone is fantastic. And with Windows Mobile 6.5 it's even better. I don't see myself even wanting to switch out for the Touch Pro2. I'm more than happy enough with this one overall.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:27 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Well said Turbo, cant expect perfection....
Old 05-12-2009, 11:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800 HTC Touch Pro

RaydogPR is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to RaydogPR

I can agree to certain point becuase, I had heating issues, battery issues, bluetooth sending issues etc but all these went away from the moment I flashed to Mighty Roms 5. I just couldnt beleive the speed, the way I can use my TP as modem without having charging and heating issues. Now I can send any size file and it doesnt freeze and battery got much better. We also have to remember that we try many aplications that are experimental and they sometimes screw with reg edits etc. The Touch Pro is my 4th HTC phone in 4 years and at first with the Sprint Rom I wasnt to happy but I must say Im totally convinced of it now since I decided to flash away from the stock rom. My TP couldnt be better right now. Trust me guys if you want a better TP flash away from the stock rom you will be happy.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

I have a love hate relationship with this phone. I love the resolution and the keyboard while I hate how it is slower than all phones in it's class. Everyone with their BB's and iphones click and get results while I have to wait for programs to reload.

I hate how htc messed up a perfectly working gps. I also hate the fact that they will NEVER update this phone. I am stuck with sprint as I have a SERO plan.

With all these complaints, I like the phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro