PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

boba1213 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Power On Screen Errors?

I have no idea how to even describe this, but starting about three days ago, when I hit the power button to display the screen, the phone will occasionally just start up the backlight and show a black screen. Turning the screen on and off 4-6 times will eventually bring up the Today Screen, but it takes a while.

Other times when hitting the power button, the screen will display a blue, green, or yellow with different lines along it that slowly brightens to one solid color. Turning the screen on and off multiple times will eventually get me to the Today Screen.

I had been running Mighty Rom 5 for about a week before this started to happen, and just flashed it to the new version, thinking that perhaps the old version got corrupted somehow. I do not believe this is the case, but I'm going to try flashing back to stock soon to see if that will fix the problem. I've done a few searches, and as I've said, I can't even begin to think of what keywords to use to search for this error. Does anyone have any thoughts?
Old 05-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Power On Screen Errors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boba1213 View Post
I have no idea how to even describe this, but starting about three days ago, when I hit the power button to display the screen, the phone will occasionally just start up the backlight and show a black screen. Turning the screen on and off 4-6 times will eventually bring up the Today Screen, but it takes a while.

Other times when hitting the power button, the screen will display a blue, green, or yellow with different lines along it that slowly brightens to one solid color. Turning the screen on and off multiple times will eventually get me to the Today Screen.

I had been running Mighty Rom 5 for about a week before this started to happen, and just flashed it to the new version, thinking that perhaps the old version got corrupted somehow. I do not believe this is the case, but I'm going to try flashing back to stock soon to see if that will fix the problem. I've done a few searches, and as I've said, I can't even begin to think of what keywords to use to search for this error. Does anyone have any thoughts?
ive had the first happen to me a few times...a soft reset fixed it for me,but i dont know why it happens or how to fix...what rom did u switch to maybe its a 6.5 issue

Dank-Ass Robba

Old 05-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

boba1213 is a n00b

I did a soft reset, it fixed it for a bit, but then it came back. I'm running Mighty Rom 5 still, but if it keeps doing this I'm going to go back to stock to check if its the phone or the rom.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boba1213 View Post
I did a soft reset, it fixed it for a bit, but then it came back. I'm running Mighty Rom 5 still, but if it keeps doing this I'm going to go back to stock to check if its the phone or the rom.
o yeah well hopefully somebody comes by with more knowledge on this...good luck...remember when all else fails take it take to sprint
Old 05-08-2009, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPRO2

Quirk is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Quirk

I've been having pretty much the same issue.

when my phone goes into suspend, the screen turns black, but the backlight stays on. When turn it back on the screen is distorted for a moment before going back to normal. when this situation happens, the keyboard also doesn't work.

I've used StarROM, Mighty R3BORN, and now am on the stock rom... same issue with all of them.

My replacement should be here either monday or tuesday... BNIB for free.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache,Titan,Treo 700w,750w,800w,TP,Fuze,TP2,Hero
Carrier: Sprint / AT&T

relux is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to relux

Im also having the issue. To add to this, the overall speed of the phone lags big time. Even after a soft/hard reset.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Hermann

abrasive is just getting started

I also encountered this same error with my November tp. The screen would flash static and go to black with the backlight still on, and when it did work, the phone would become unusable due to lag after 5 or so minutes.

I wasn't able to figure it out; flashing back to stock and undoing all of my ROM alterations. I was convinced it was a hardware issue for me. Just returned it to Sprint under warranty.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:33 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Common denominator here is custom Rom, that has something to do with your issue as none of this happened on stock since nov..good luck. I wil just get back to stock and see how it goes before I determine it is hardware or else.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro