PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2009, 09:44 AM
dbord_n's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: At&t
Location: Texas
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 183
Reputation: 115
dbord_n is keeping up the good workdbord_n is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool wm 6.5

i read the officaly launch of 6.5 is may 11, is this still true?? and if so how long before we are seeing the roms??
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2009, 09:46 AM
jason25's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Defiance, OH
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,069
Reputation: 1686
jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: wm 6.5

have you checked here for 6.5 ROM's?
__________________

Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2009, 09:53 AM
dbord_n's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: At&t
Threadstarter
Location: Texas
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 183
Reputation: 115
dbord_n is keeping up the good workdbord_n is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: wm 6.5

lol thanks man i know there are 6.5 roms on here i got one on my phone right now i was just wondering when we will see the offical release ones not the beta ones or when the offical carrier roms will be out.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2009, 10:38 AM
basilray's Avatar
Halfway to VIP Status
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630
Carrier: Sprint
Location: MPLS
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 699
Reputation: 815
basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: wm 6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbord_n View Post
lol thanks man i know there are 6.5 roms on here i got one on my phone right now i was just wondering when we will see the offical release ones not the beta ones or when the offical carrier roms will be out.
It really remains to be seen. To my knowledge, no one has really announced a WinMo 6.5 device. There is talk of the TP2 being 6.5, and a late 3rd/early 4th qtr release would seem to back that up.

I swear I read that M$oft did not want vendors/carriers/manufacturers to push out 6.5 ROM updates for pre-existing devices. This makes sense as then it opens up their testing to older hardware, etc. But that could have easily changed.

My friend works for a game design company, and they have a 6.5 device in their shop for testing, but haven't done much with it as the kernel remains basically the same.

It's been my understanding as well that WinMo 6.5 is really just a graphical overhaul of 6.1 with minimal enhancement other than being more finger friendly and modernized graphically. M$oft's intent was to get 6.5 out to bridge the gap with WinMo 7 to follow in 2010 (we'll see) to really enhance the experience through upgraded application and OS.

Then again, I could be totally wrong on each point!
__________________
Inching my way towards VIP status!
Not getting as much done as I should at work...Dang you PPCGeeks!
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 2 times.
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2009, 10:55 AM
dbord_n's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: At&t
Threadstarter
Location: Texas
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 183
Reputation: 115
dbord_n is keeping up the good workdbord_n is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: wm 6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilray View Post
It really remains to be seen. To my knowledge, no one has really announced a WinMo 6.5 device. There is talk of the TP2 being 6.5, and a late 3rd/early 4th qtr release would seem to back that up.

I swear I read that M$oft did not want vendors/carriers/manufacturers to push out 6.5 ROM updates for pre-existing devices. This makes sense as then it opens up their testing to older hardware, etc. But that could have easily changed.

My friend works for a game design company, and they have a 6.5 device in their shop for testing, but haven't done much with it as the kernel remains basically the same.

It's been my understanding as well that WinMo 6.5 is really just a graphical overhaul of 6.1 with minimal enhancement other than being more finger friendly and modernized graphically. M$oft's intent was to get 6.5 out to bridge the gap with WinMo 7 to follow in 2010 (we'll see) to really enhance the experience through upgraded application and OS.

Then again, I could be totally wrong on each point!


hey man thanks for the info. i have heard some of the same stuff too but was just wondering if there was any new, news on it. the only reason i was asking was cause all of the 6.5 roms are here are cool to have for like a day or two but then they start to bug out and then ya gotta flash back to a 6.1 lol. anyways thanks for the info.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2009, 11:03 AM
MidwestDrummer's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 299
Reputation: 325
MidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to MidwestDrummer Send a message via MSN to MidwestDrummer Send a message via Yahoo to MidwestDrummer
Re: wm 6.5

I'm pretty sure it's been announced that an official release of WiMo 6.5 would only be seen on yet to be released phones, and that we aren't going to be getting any sort of 6.5 ROM release for already released devices.

Maybe someone could post a link to one of the many articles that have mentioned this.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2009, 11:13 AM
dbord_n's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: At&t
Threadstarter
Location: Texas
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 183
Reputation: 115
dbord_n is keeping up the good workdbord_n is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: wm 6.5

here is something i found http://www.betanews.com/article/Wind...ces/1234805803.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2009, 11:18 AM
MiltonPro's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Location: DC, VA Metro
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 393
Reputation: 805
MiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuffMiltonPro knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to MiltonPro Send a message via MSN to MiltonPro
Re: wm 6.5

I believe the May 11th release of wm 6.5 will be a beta version anyways, just like the build every chef is using on PPC right now.

Yes it will be finally officially released from MS. Does not necessarily means it will be better than what we are using now.

I think Microsoft will still wait for October/November 09' to still launch the full wm6.5.

They want to use it as bait to sell their new line of window mobile devices. If they release the full version of wm 6.5 now... Then no one will really be interested as much on the new phones to come. Its all a marketing game, this wm6.5.....
__________________
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2009, 11:34 AM
basilray's Avatar
Halfway to VIP Status
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630
Carrier: Sprint
Location: MPLS
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 699
Reputation: 815
basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: wm 6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiltonPro View Post
I believe the May 11th release of wm 6.5 will be a beta version anyways, just like the build every chef is using on PPC right now.

Yes it will be finally officially released from MS. Does not necessarily means it will be better than what we are using now.

I think Microsoft will still wait for October/November 09' to still launch the full wm6.5.

They want to use it as bait to sell their new line of window mobile devices. If they release the full version of wm 6.5 now... Then no one will really be interested as much on the new phones to come. Its all a marketing game, this wm6.5.....
Everything M$oft has said up to this point regarding the May 11 release indicates it will be a full-blown release, at least from what I've seen.

Do you have links to something that would indicate otherwise?

Not trying to call you out on it, I'm just hoping M$oft gets their sh** together with WinMo already!
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2009, 01:08 PM
p-slim's Avatar
Bay Area Boss
Offline
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile
Location: Bay Area
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,021
Reputation: 4020
p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: wm 6.5

I believe it will be a full blown release. True they more then like will not be making official rom updates for our phone, but what the op is saying once the full update is released then he would like a rom (even a custom rom) built off of that MS full blown released version.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com