PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 02:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Diamond Contacts To The Touch Pro?

i tried taking the pim file from the diamond to the touch pro but it would not load on the pro and stops the touch pro on sprint from loading is there anything i can do with the pim file from the diamond to get it to work properly on the sprint touch pro?
Old 05-03-2009, 03:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond and TP
Carrier: Sprint

Shin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Exclamation Re: Diamond Contacts To The Touch Pro?

Forget the PIM ... do this ... since the Diamond and the TP has bluetooth ... send the contacts all at once ... the only thing that you have to do is to set up the TP to receive all incoming beams ... to do so go to settings, all settings, connections tab, select beam, and check on receive all incoming beams, and voila you are good to go.

Let me know how it works for you, questions let me know or PM me

Last edited by Shin_Akuma26; 05-03-2009 at 04:47 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:53 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Re: Diamond Contacts To The Touch Pro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin_Akuma26 View Post
Forget the PIM ... do this ... since the Diamond and the TP has bluetooth ... send the contacts all at once ... the only thing that you have to do is to set up the TP to receive all incoming beams ... to do so go to settings, all settings, connections tab, select beam, and check on receive all incoming beams, and voila you are good to go.

Let me know how it works for you, questions let me know o PM me
i dont have a diamond with me the diamond was sent back and my friend upgraded to the touch pro so she saved the PIM file off the diamond now she has the pim file of all her contacts from the diamond and shes trying to put them on the touch pro but its not working are there any other options with just having the pim file from the diamond to get those contacts onto the touch pro?
Old 05-03-2009, 04:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Shin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Oh ok gotcha ... OK so I was reading the user manual of the PIM Backup and it says that all the files zip like ... I am attaching the user guide so you can read it and it tells you in specific which extension in particular within the .pib to look for... i hope it works for you

Code:
http://www.dotfred.net/PIM/Pim%20Backup%20quick%20user%20guide.pdf
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:29 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

thanks so what would i have to do with that pib file to get it onto and put it on the tp?

EDIT: just read it and now im more confused lol im not as computer literate but is it possible to get that program on the touch pro and load the old pim file into there and restore the contacts that way?

Last edited by deadwrong03; 05-03-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

OK so here is what I have done by far .... get the PIB file out of the phone just in case ( make a copy ) then using RAR locate the PIB file and change the extension from .pib to .zip and inside you will see the different extensions ... I located the one you need which is contacts_(thedateofthebackup).pbc so now Im trying to see whats next ok so hold OK .....
Old 05-03-2009, 04:56 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

alright thanks
Old 05-03-2009, 06:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
thanks so what would i have to do with that pib file to get it onto and put it on the tp?

EDIT: just read it and now im more confused lol im not as computer literate but is it possible to get that program on the touch pro and load the old pim file into there and restore the contacts that way?

OK so you did not have the PIM backup program in the TP to start with???? Because if you haven't that's what we need to do first ... get the program in the TP and then run it select restore, and then it will give you the options of what you want to restore and then select the contacts ... and you are good to go.

Last edited by Shin_Akuma26; 05-03-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

blazin-asian is keeping up the good workblazin-asian is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to blazin-asian

http://www.pocketpcfreeware.com/en/index.php?soft=1806

i recommend this app to everyone. just make sure to use the same version to backup and restore.

easiest method IMHO
Old 05-03-2009, 06:50 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin_Akuma26 View Post
OK so you did not have the PIM backup program in the TP to start with???? Because if you haven't that's what we need to do first ... get the program in the TP and then run it select restore, and then it will give you the options of what you want to restore and then select the contacts ... and you are good to go.

i never used the PIM backup program before i just simply copied the pim file from the device directory. so if i just install the program then hit restore its going to restore from the diamonds pim file that i have on the touch pro (not in the device directory just on the storage card)?

edit: i ran the pim backup on the pro backed up the contacts but i dont think anything happened no contacts are on the pro....i was trying to see how is the program going to read from the old pim file that i backed up from the diamond? i could not browse anywhere to the old pim file within the pim backup app so i dont even think it did anything

Last edited by deadwrong03; 05-03-2009 at 07:03 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro