PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 04:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Fr3akoutyamind is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro's Video Output Problem .....

Ok .. I've searched threads and have come up with 60+ pages of threads ... hoping someone could help me out quicker then reading 60 pages because i've read bout 10 pages of threads still haven't found what im looking for ........

Is There A Way ... To Have Your Phone NOT Switch To Landscape Mode When You Connect To Your Video Out Cable To Go To Portrait Mode And Still Be Able To Access The Video Out ... Because Once You've Left The Program .. Everything Stays In Landscape Mode And Doesnt Convert Into Portrait ... Do I Need A Program ORRRR Just Registry Hack It ???

Thanks,
Tim
Old 05-01-2009, 05:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Touch Pro's Video Output Problem .....

It's funny, I was just wondering the same thing.

John
Old 05-01-2009, 06:03 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

I asked the same question awhile ago and got no answer. I didnt like the landscape look.

Last edited by w7excursion; 05-01-2009 at 06:07 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

gbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I think no2chem has an app that can do this on his site www.nuerom.com

Honestly in portrait, you'd be wasting so much screen real estate. But I think the option's there if you want it.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:14 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

i believe nuerom's app. is just for the video output basics ... if you happened to not have the output option ... im looking for something to keep it from switching to landscape as soon as you turn-on/plug-in your cables ... like is there an option or button to press to bring it back to portrait mode without leaving the ouput mode

thanks again
Old 05-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

gbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Actually I was talking about nueKBLight.

I'm not 100% sure, but from what no2chem says, it sounds like nueKBLight will force screen rotation when you slide out the keyboard, even if TV out is enabled. Since the screen is already in landscape, sliding out the keyboard will actually force it back into portrait.

Like I said, I'm not 100%, but try it for yourself and it should (hopefully) work.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:55 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

thanks ... guess thats why i didnt see that .. ud actually have to click on the program to bring up the info stats on the page lol ... thanks again .... hopefully someone finds a better fix ... becuz that actually works ... BUT ... after u installed it and made it happen once .... its like the system overrides it for the rest of the times u try it ... works once then done :-\
Old 05-04-2009, 07:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

PolloLoco is keeping up the good workPolloLoco is keeping up the good work

nuetv out may do what you want. I uninstalled the original program that I had for TV Out - and using nue's program instead, the screen can be either portrait or landscape on your TV. However, if it's portrait - TV Out will be rotated to the right. Because 640x480 get's output as it matches the TV's dimensions. I'm using gyrator to rotate my phone's screen as I wish - but the TV output rotates as well.

Put another way, if I have my phone set up in portrait mode, with the clock at the top right of the phone - on the TV, the clock would be on the bottom right of the screen. Rotated 90 degrees. It's because in portrait, the horizontal dimension is 480. On a standard (non HD) TV, 480 corresponsds to the vertical dimension.

I'm not sure how (or if) this would be affected on an HDTV.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro