PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2009, 01:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
...getting sick of 6.5 bugs...

This is my second run on 6.5, ran it about a month ago on JD ROM and then on Mighty's Copper. Nothing against those guys, they do amazing work, its just that 6.5 is just still so beta. I use my phone for business and it must be working.

It seems they start off working great, fast, smooth, no bugs. Then over time bugs come up, weird things like, cant answer the call, screen not turning off and other basic windows components.

I want to go to an extremly fast and stable 6.1 build but dont know which one to go to. I am running SPB 3.0 and absolutely love it, will proably not go back to TF3D ( who knows I do get bored...) so it doesnt neccasary have to have TF3D (most of the do so thats fine. Thanks for the advice.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

jsntrenkler is becoming a great contributor
Re: ...getting sick of 6.5 bugs...

I have found that the Stock Rom with SKTools & SPB 3.0 is all I need to keep me going. SKTools keeps my Touch running fast and stable. Worth the $$$ in my opinion.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

lilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlilbitz_1018 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to lilbitz_1018

Mighty's 4.16 is pretty stable on 6.1 Mighty Rom 5 is also a stable one but runs WM 6.5.
Since it is in beta one would expect the bugs. I do agree they are annoying though -_-
I havent tried spb 3.0, maybe I will and get addicted also =D

*Edit*
Thanks for the heads up

Last edited by lilbitz_1018; 04-30-2009 at 02:22 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:13 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

i'd remove the last line of your post.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:16 AM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Juggalo's ROM is definitely the most stable i've seen.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I am running Mighty 4.16 & that is 100% totally stable.

I have been done flashing for a while now as I am 100% happy with my phone at this point. I use MS3 & TD3D HD at times.

~John
Old 04-30-2009, 08:11 AM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

6.5 has been rock stable for me
Old 04-30-2009, 08:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I've had a lot of issues with the 6.5 ROMS. Its little things that should work that don't. I'm a huge MS fan boy but this is one of MS biggest flaws, they miss the little things. I hope that the final code will have most of the issues ironed out. With that said I find my way back to Mighty Rom 4.16 every time. Its stable, battery life's good, its fast, and everything seems to work.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Reno is keeping up the good workReno is keeping up the good workReno is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Reno

MightyROM5 has been stable with me, havent run into a single bug yet but it is running 6.5, as posted before MR4.16 is probably one of the fastest most stable 6.1 roms out there IMHO
Old 04-30-2009, 09:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

ejqr5 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to ejqr5

I've been using StarRom 1.5 for a month and it's been better than any other rom I've used to date. It has not slowed down for me at all and the battery life is good.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro