PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 05:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: Sprint

philliyxx is keeping up the good workphilliyxx is keeping up the good workphilliyxx is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to philliyxx
Did I F' Up my phone by flashing it before activating it?

I traded in my mogul for the TP. When it arrived I flashed to copper rom then tried to switch numbers over. Oh my god sprint reps have no clue whats going on and tech support wants me to send the phone back because blah blah they making up ****. Basically I installed the sprint carrier cab it finds the sprint signal the MEID is correct but the EPST wont pop up... so we can manually activate it or whatever. When i do the epst.exe it wants me to enter an unlock code.... and holy crap i just tried to make a call and it said welcome to verizon wireless what is this?!
Old 04-29-2009, 05:52 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Did I F' Up my phone by flashing it before activating it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliyxx View Post
I traded in my mogul for the TP. When it arrived I flashed to copper rom then tried to switch numbers over. Oh my god sprint reps have no clue whats going on and tech support wants me to send the phone back because blah blah they making up ****. Basically I installed the sprint carrier cab it finds the sprint signal the MEID is correct but the EPST wont pop up... so we can manually activate it or whatever. When i do the epst.exe it wants me to enter an unlock code.... and holy crap i just tried to make a call and it said welcome to verizon wireless what is this?!
the unlock code is your msl. also try running this cab, it should update your profile for you. This update profile and prl cab is already installed on the stock tp. it will update and program your phone for you as long as the esn has already been swapped over.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Sprint Update Profile & PRL.cab (543.8 KB, 15 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour
Carrier: sprint

facemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to facemob

and u can activate it online with having to talk to anyone

Old 04-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff

just flash back to stock, activate, and reflash copper. Might take a little longer, but will work.

[
Old 04-29-2009, 06:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

philliyxx is keeping up the good workphilliyxx is keeping up the good workphilliyxx is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
the unlock code is your msl. also try running this cab, it should update your profile for you. This update profile and prl cab is already installed on the stock tp. it will update and program your phone for you as long as the esn has already been swapped over.

Its giving me an error code now saying it's unable to connect. I tried to swap my ESN online and that was a no go as well... This is not a refurb just to clarify it brand new. Should I call back sprint and...?

*EDIT* im going to reflash to stock and see what happens.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Devilstrider is becoming a great contributor

Man you were stupid to do that. I don't understand some people.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilstrider View Post

i read through numerous topics and no where did it state not to do that. Im pretty sure I did that with my mogul and it worked but yea it was stupid.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:18 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliyxx View Post
Its giving me an error code now saying it's unable to connect. I tried to swap my ESN online and that was a no go as well... This is not a refurb just to clarify it brand new. Should I call back sprint and...?

*EDIT* im going to reflash to stock and see what happens.
honestly it doesn't matter whats on your phone. weather its been flashed or not. if they can't swap the esn in the system then that is where the problem is. the software on the phone doesn't prevent an esn swap in sprints system.

Quote:
i don't understand how this statement helps at all. And when i got my 2nd tp i flashed it before activating.

Last edited by p-slim; 04-29-2009 at 06:26 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude

Quote:
If the phone came from Sprint, which it did from what the OP stated, then they should be able to register it. The OS should not matter, the MEID (ESN) is what matters. The reason they would want it back is to check that the profile/prl is up to date as it facilitates the activation process for them. When first I received my 1st TP, I turned it on and voila it was ready to go. I was advised to just power down my old (Mogul) equiptment.

Remember the golden rule, "It's better to look foolish and keep quiet, than open one's mouth and remove all doubt".

And, to answer the OP's question in subject line. No, you shouldn't have f'uped your phone by doing so.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
honestly it doesn't matter whats on your phone. weather its been flashed or not. if they can't swap the esn in the system then that is where the problem is. the software on the phone doesn't prevent an esn swap in sprints system.

i don't understand how this statement helps at all. And when i got my 2nd tp i flashed it before activating.

Hey thanks p-slim. I flashed back to stock rom and the phone is working. Im afraid to flash now, If I do flash will i need to run carrier cab or the cab stated previously?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro