PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

Schwabe is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Designing the best car audio system for the TP

Let's design the best car audio system featuring the HTC Touch Pro as the centerpiece.

In addition to audio, we will install an LCD screen to take advantage of the TP's Tv-Out feature. Which will have two main benefits A) movies B) Google Maps GPS

With this concept in mind, I'm just getting started and would like to figure out a couple things including:

- what kind of LCD display would work best ? Remember it needs to have a composite input for the TP and should be a reasonable size that it can be mounted on the dash somewhere

- what kind of deck would you buy ? Should have bluetooth in case you want to connect wirelessly, but certainly the AUX port is a must. In addition, perhaps the deck can also connect to the LCD display or include an LCD display of it's own to kill 2 birds with one stone. Furthermore, if it connects to the LCD display it might as well have DVD playback.

Anyway - that's the idea, and I think this might also interest a lot of other TP users who are wanting to build the best car audio/display system featuring the Touch Pro. Would like your feedback & ideas.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sspratlen is a n00b
Re: Designing the best car audio system for the TP

I'm definitely interested.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

jsvt3 is keeping up the good workjsvt3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to jsvt3

I think there is a thread around here somewhere about how people use their Touch Pros, and I know a few people have it going with some nice audio set ups...Sorry I am too lazy to search for it though.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:31 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Needs divx playback. A dvd player without divx is useless! Haha. Also why not a micro sd reader for those with extra cards?
Old 04-27-2009, 01:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

cjrusso is becoming a great contributor

my set up is a pioneer avh-p6800dvd for my head unit.. its a dual din tv/dvd player... has plently of pre-outs in the back to hook up about anything.. as far as speakers im running an all jbl interior with a 600x4 amp powering them.. as far as subs i have 2 12'' jl w6s powered by a jl mono block amp.. sound is tuned with a rockford fosgate 360.2 over my phone.. also i have a bluetooth adapter in my car and sirius radio.. i also droped alot of money into this project so cheap here is deff not the anwser.. as far as s/q goes its off the hook
Old 04-27-2009, 01:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC PRO
Carrier: Verizon

mrspeedmaster is a n00b

Check out my sig. I have a TP-Pro hooked up with my Range Rover Sport's OEM Nav screen.Works just fine with GPS and google maps
Old 04-27-2009, 01:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?
Carrier: Sprint

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude

Could just go with an Azentek Dual Din Car PC. You would be able to pair the TP to it and use it's navi on the Azentek's screen.

http://www.azentekonline.com/cms/content/view/41/146/

Click on the Home tab to see a short video.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I use an Eclipse double din NAV/DVD head unit with both XM & Sirius/bluetooth/aux in etc etc etc, hooked to four Infinity sep component speakers & two seperate sub systems (multi AMP).

When I plug my Touchpro into my Proclip bracket, it charges the phone & automatically hooks the video/audio out to the 7" screen so I can watch 200 cable TV channels there from my Slingbox or watch ripped DVD movies from my 16 gig card......

~John
Old 04-27-2009, 03:31 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrlude View Post
Could just go with an Azentek Dual Din Car PC. You would be able to pair the TP to it and use it's navi on the Azentek's screen.

http://www.azentekonline.com/cms/content/view/41/146/

Click on the Home tab to see a short video.
yea, if you could buy one

Help Me Help You
Old 04-28-2009, 09:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

justinm0424 is a n00b

I'd like to do the same thing. Is it possible to use a touchscreen monitor to control the device? I've been thinking of doing a carputer or something like just using the TP but i'd be awesome if i could incorporate a touch monitor so I could have my phone in my center and out of the way

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro