PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2009, 05:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

areonic1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
NO data connection...

Alright, I go through sprint, and have the unlimited everything.

Now, the problem is, I live in a small town, that I guess doesnt have a sprint tower, only other towers, I am able to make phone calls, just no data connection, text and stuff like that.

So, Im wondering if this is how its going to be, or if theres anything I can do to actualy get a connection. I have tried turning the roam settings around, to roam on data and stuff like that, I did update the PRL, and IM currently using the mighty rom if that matters at all. Any help would be appreciated, thank you
Old 04-25-2009, 05:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: NO data connection...

Quote:
Originally Posted by areonic1 View Post
Alright, I go through sprint, and have the unlimited everything.

Now, the problem is, I live in a small town, that I guess doesnt have a sprint tower, only other towers, I am able to make phone calls, just no data connection, text and stuff like that.

So, Im wondering if this is how its going to be, or if theres anything I can do to actualy get a connection. I have tried turning the roam settings around, to roam on data and stuff like that, I did update the PRL, and IM currently using the mighty rom if that matters at all. Any help would be appreciated, thank you
was the data working before mighty rom? was it working on the stock rom?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:22 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

areonic1 is a n00b

No, it wasnt working before with the stock rom. I mean, I had a normal HTC touch before the touch pro, and in this area i didnt get data connection.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:27 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Doubt there's anything you can do then since it seems your cell phone towers are only offering voice and text service. Are you constantly roaming in your area? Have you tried manually loading some different/older PRL's? Do you have a 1x or Ev icon in your taskbar? Have you tried running the update profile program on your phone?
Old 04-25-2009, 05:37 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

areonic1 is a n00b

RIght now, the only Icon I have is the Pyrimid, signal, battery.

Now, occasionaly, Ill get an EV, or 1X randomly for short periods of time. Now all this is at my house. Like Ill have no signal, then out of nowhere, Ill wake up, and see that my email has updated or something, which obviously requires a data connection. SO it seems it does random connections whenever it wants.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:49 PM
VIP Member

oh...ok. i would definitely try a different radio from here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46616.
You can use any of them on your phone. The radio affects the way your phone communicates with the cell towers. Most people report better signal strength and faster data when they try a different radio. The telus 1.04.05V radio does the best for most people, so you can start with that one.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:51 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

SPRINT air card, check it out...like your own tower..
Old 04-25-2009, 06:15 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I think that's air rave. you still need an internet connection though.

do you have cable/dsl or wireless co-op available?
Old 04-26-2009, 12:18 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

areonic1 is a n00b

sadly Im on dial up where I live, thats why i was hoping this worked, beause there is no broadband here. I was hoping to use this as my connection, but seem to be getting no where
Old 04-26-2009, 12:20 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

areonic1 is a n00b

also, will the teus work even though im a sprint user?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro