PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

bast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Stock Rom. WOW!

While it is true that many custom Roms out here are more geared towards the Sprint Pro, and will result in subpar performance on a Verizon Pro, there are notable exceptions.

I have been running a rom cooked in one of scrosler's older SSK kitchens for a very long time, and have no complaints. I have tested against the stock rom and it does not compare. I have compared to several other rome from this forum, bit again, there is just no comparison.

The particular build I'm using is 6.1, build 20954, with the xip tweaked by FormerPalmOS, built with scrosler's SSK 1.5 kitchen. With no TF3d or HTC dialer, I boot with almost 80mb free, yet this is NOT a stripped rom like the one offered by |||bored|||. I do run most of the other stuff you find on typical roms such as ez input. With tf3d and HTC dialer I boot with about 60mb free.

The rom is very fast and stable. The screen rotates instantly on sliding the keyboard out. Opening the \windows folder takes less than two seconds, with show all files checked. MUCH Faster than the stock rom. I have had the phone going strong now for about 2 weeks without having to do a soft reset. It's that stable.

Anyone with a Verizon Pro who doesn't try an SSK rom is really cheating themselves.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

stormseek is becoming a great contributor

soo is that verizon on a sprint network?
Old 06-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

moved to main Touch Pro forum
Old 06-07-2009, 02:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

thdrill is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bast525 View Post
While it is true that many custom Roms out here are more geared towards the Sprint Pro, and will result in subpar performance on a Verizon Pro, there are notable exceptions.

I have been running a rom cooked in one of scrosler's older SSK kitchens for a very long time, and have no complaints. I have tested against the stock rom and it does not compare. I have compared to several other rome from this forum, bit again, there is just no comparison.

The particular build I'm using is 6.1, build 20954, with the xip tweaked by FormerPalmOS, built with scrosler's SSK 1.5 kitchen. With no TF3d or HTC dialer, I boot with almost 80mb free, yet this is NOT a stripped rom like the one offered by |||bored|||. I do run most of the other stuff you find on typical roms such as ez input. With tf3d and HTC dialer I boot with about 60mb free.

The rom is very fast and stable. The screen rotates instantly on sliding the keyboard out. Opening the \windows folder takes less than two seconds, with show all files checked. MUCH Faster than the stock rom. I have had the phone going strong now for about 2 weeks without having to do a soft reset. It's that stable.

Anyone with a Verizon Pro who doesn't try an SSK rom is really cheating themselves.
Where would one find a SSK rom, if I were to look.
Old 06-07-2009, 03:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

MidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to MidwestDrummer Send a message via MSN to MidwestDrummer Send a message via Yahoo to MidwestDrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleedy18 View Post
Ok i started flashing about 2 months ago and have gone through 93 flashes.
That's more than once a day.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro