PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2009, 12:34 AM
N00b

07kngrnch is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
please help...i must be an idiot

I am still struggling with getting a theme to function properly....just when I think I got it, boom...the clock will disappear, or the wallpaper vanishes, just anything....
I got it so screwed up earlier with fonts and stuff I had to do a hard reset so I started fresh and cant get back what I had! I almost had it then there was no clock(shown in screenshot) so I tried to just delete it and start over and it wont let me! (shown in other screenshot)
I just want a clean black theme, or black/red theme....geez I dont even know for sure now...my brain is fried!!

Its a stock rom, alltel, touch pro
What am I doing wrong?!?!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1.jpg (11.2 KB, 33 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShot2.jpg (11.1 KB, 20 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-23-2009, 12:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

lordhelmet is becoming a great contributor
Re: please help...i must be an idiot

First of all, is this a cab theme? I am assuming it is. If so, did you disable Touchflo 3D before installing it?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:44 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

some bogus theme cabs screw with your landscape when hard kb is slid out. some are diamond only and they hang on the tp. what clock do you want? just turn off tf and install the clock you want. if you need a clock, pm me or if you need help you can pm me.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:01 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

07kngrnch is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhelmet View Post
First of all, is this a cab theme? I am assuming it is. If so, did you disable Touchflo 3D before installing it?
Yes it is....i get even more confused with the other file types. And yeah I disabled it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
some bogus theme cabs screw with your landscape when hard kb is slid out. some are diamond only and they hang on the tp. what clock do you want? just turn off tf and install the clock you want. if you need a clock, pm me or if you need help you can pm me.
Hopefully I wont have to bug you but I sure appriciate the gesture! I'm going to do a master reset in the morning and get start fresh again....do you have any .cabs that you know are good functional themes? oh and about the kb thing...I havent run into that problem yet with anything i've tried.

Here is one more screenshot of what I had earlier today which I really liked but the font got a lil hard to read and it wouldn't let me delete it (same kind of message as posted in first post)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Today 4-22.jpg (9.4 KB, 14 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-23-2009, 01:05 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

07kngrnch is a n00b

I really just like clean black with like a red "neon" clock, or a clock that matches whatever font i'd have, and a nice slider of some sort. Would like to mess with font and font color, but need to get this handled first....
Old 04-23-2009, 01:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

lordhelmet is becoming a great contributor

I would disable TF3D to uninstall as well. If you still have the same issues, you're gonna need a program like SKTools to completely remove the cab that refuses to leave. But if you're committed to a hard reset, then that should work too. As far as fonts go, most fonts that you use will replace all of your Window's fonts and messing with the color is tricky because of all the different backgrounds they'd be on. I think color fonts is getting way "advanced." Just try and get the cabs to work first. Anyway, I'm attaching a clock I have. I've never used it, but sounds like the description of what you would want. The zip is just manila files, so these will OVERWRITE the existing files. So to use this clock, you need to unzip the file and drop the files in your windows folder, and overwrite. If you want to revert at some point to your old clock, you'll have to back up your manila files, but I would say just keep trying clocks till you find one you like. Plenty of them around. Anyway, if you don't like this one, check w Darren, I'm sure he'll have something you'll like.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NEON Clock transparentRed manila.zip (57.3 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:02 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

07kngrnch is a n00b

I'l try the SKTools route first...why not lol

And thank you guys for all your help!! This is a lil bit different world than the Q!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro