PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 03:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose
SBP Backup

So I download the trial version... do a full backup... flash Mighty's rom.. was running Juicy5 for the longest... well I umm restored the back up and I be damn if it didnt take me back to juicy's rom or atleast thats what my device info says and made my phone exactly like it was before i flashed Mighty rom? lol was that suppose to happen
Old 04-22-2009, 03:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP
Re: SBP Backup

all that info is set in registry, all it did was restore the registry, your rom is still different, I have never been a fan of backing up and restoring the whole sheblang with spb, can cause issues
Old 04-22-2009, 03:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff

lol well this was the 1st time I flashed a rom myself (some 1 else flashed Juicy5 for me when I got the phone) and every thing I read says backup backup backup.. so I just assumed full backup... but now I might as well be running jucy rom still as every thing seems the same..guess a hard reset and dont restore the back up redo every thing manually like my net and mms settings will fix it? and have the backup file incase A.) I cant get it to work or B.) I mess things up? lol
Old 04-22-2009, 04:23 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

This is the reason I use UC instead of a backup program
Old 04-22-2009, 05:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

IM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to IM0001 Send a message via AIM to IM0001 Send a message via MSN to IM0001 Send a message via Skype™ to IM0001

Its never wise to expect the backup to work correctly from one rom to the next. It would be like doing a full backup of windows XP and expecting it to restore perfectly on Vista. SPB backup works great backing up and restoring on the same rom. Each rom is slightly different so it may work just fine but little registry differences could screw things up.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

lol I got it.. hard reset then using the backup I had from sbp I only let it reinstall the contacts and messages not the registry that it has back uped :_)
Old 04-22-2009, 05:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM0001 View Post
Its never wise to expect the backup to work correctly from one rom to the next. It would be like doing a full backup of windows XP and expecting it to restore perfectly on Vista. SPB backup works great backing up and restoring on the same rom. Each rom is slightly different so it may work just fine but little registry differences could screw things up.
lol well being it was my 1st time using any back up program other than pim.. I had no clue it was gonna keep and reload all the registry's and stuff lol.. I am a noob at this and not affraid to admitt that.. as I said I got it fixed and now I no.. next back up if going to a dif. rom don't back up FULLY only back up what you need/want in the new rom
Old 04-22-2009, 05:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

or use PIM backup.

exactly. dapple with User customization as your next step, it'll make life easier if you plan on flashing more often.

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 04-22-2009, 05:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

well now i've flashed a radio and a rom.. and learned how to set up my wap and mms settings (im with metro pcs has to be done manually) .. I think User Customizations is a logical next step lol thanks ..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro