PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Lurker

joeyisiceman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Keys in the wrong spot

Hey guys, Ive had the TP for a couple weeks now and so you can say im still a noob, but I text and write emails alot and I noticed a flaw in the layout in the keyboard. It might be just me, but I think that the Green Function key should not be next to the Txt button.When I type a reply ( sometimes a long one) I will accidently hit the Txt button instead of the Function button and the entire meesge is lost. Just a little thing that bothers me. Anyone else have this problem or other problems with the layout.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:15 PM
Ktk
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Ktk is a n00b
Re: Keys in the wrong spot

Perhaps a program that will ignore such buttons (txt and mail) would be useful for you, then.

(But I haven't heard of one so far, so just avoid pressing TXT. Only solution I can think of, but hey it says I'm a lurker.)
Old 04-20-2009, 08:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyisiceman View Post
Hey guys, Ive had the TP for a couple weeks now and so you can say im still a noob, but I text and write emails alot and I noticed a flaw in the layout in the keyboard. It might be just me, but I think that the Green Function key should not be next to the Txt button.When I type a reply ( sometimes a long one) I will accidently hit the Txt button instead of the Function button and the entire meesge is lost. Just a little thing that bothers me. Anyone else have this problem or other problems with the layout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktk View Post
Perhaps a program that will ignore such buttons (txt and mail) would be useful for you, then.

(But I haven't heard of one so far, so just avoid pressing TXT. Only solution I can think of, but hey it says I'm a lurker.)
Yea its called on screen T9
Old 04-20-2009, 08:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Singer_Actor is a n00b

Oh Iv done that haha. After awile, Iv been good (:
Old 04-20-2009, 08:54 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

I've done that quite a few times as well, but the message isn't lost.

It's saved under 'Drafts'
Old 04-20-2009, 08:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

jrog27 is becoming a great contributor

Actually your long text is not lost... look in your drafts, wala!
Old 04-20-2009, 08:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

jrog27 is becoming a great contributor

Oops too late.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:02 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Fat fingers maybe??? LMAO I am j/k, it popped into my head since the keys are tiny, made for tiny fingers I think
Old 04-20-2009, 09:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

you could re-map the keyboard txt button to something that does not bring up the txt program exiting you out of the current text message or e-mail reply.

I don't have the cab but i have used the oem when cooking in the kitchen. No2Chem has a program out that adds mapping to those buttons. Instead of just having the long press end key as a mapped button you can map the QWERTY txt, QWERTY email, QWERTY comm manager, QWERTY net, power (long press).

They show up in the start > settings > personal > Buttons
Old 04-20-2009, 09:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

After searching the "google" for a cab i could not track it down the OEM name is No2chem_Keymapping_touchpro i guess you could use nuepackage installer to install the oem as a cab. Thats providing you could find the oem. It is in the newest PPCGeeks Kitchen if someone wants it i could get it out and post the oem.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro