PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 02:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
question about chrome flaking

My chrome just started flaking.. However, I've dropped my phone once before, so it has some road rash on the opposite side of the flaking.. Is this going to create a problem if I want to get sprint to replace the phone?

Also, is it better for me to handle replacements due to chrome in-store or through e-care?
Old 04-20-2009, 02:20 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx
Re: question about chrome flaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by badutahboy View Post
My chrome just started flaking.. However, I've dropped my phone once before, so it has some road rash on the opposite side of the flaking.. Is this going to create a problem if I want to get sprint to replace the phone?

Also, is it better for me to handle replacements due to chrome in-store or through e-care?
it shouldnt cause a problem as long as you dont mention you dropped it haha
just do it over asuron or e-care. you can even call them over the phone and do it! thats what i always do its the easiest and they might even overnight you a new phone
Old 04-20-2009, 11:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

If your phone is in the recall range, the recall mentions that the phone is susceptible to excessive chipping and flaking if dropped from a short distance.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 04-21-2009, 01:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
If your phone is in the recall range, the recall mentions that the phone is susceptible to excessive chipping and flaking if dropped from a short distance.
I don't think my phone is in the recall range.. I checked the # when the recall first came out and it wasn't, so unless they've extended the range, I'm SOL, right?
Old 04-21-2009, 01:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

shark1987 is keeping up the good workshark1987 is keeping up the good work

i don't know what to do, i'm in the same boat, mine started chipping a month or so after I got it, but I've called stores (went in to one) and they told me they can't do anything for cosmetic damages, as it doesn't mess with the function of the phone. Mine is chipped pretty badly too. I even asked them if I could just scratch the rest off of the phone so it would all be one color atleast and the guy told me it wouldn't be a good idea...

here's some pics of mine I just to

Old 04-21-2009, 03:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800

mCastJR is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mCastJR

wow, that's all bad. no flaking here. but your batt cover is also yellowing, i think i remember those being symptoms of a bad phone, everything function properly?

Rest in Peace:
Motorola Q
Pocket PC 6700
Old 04-21-2009, 11:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Man, that's A LOT worse than mine.. mine is just one little spot on the side of the phone, lol...
Old 04-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Never saw that before... I would go into a Sprint Store, show it to them, and see what they can do... Don't mention the droppage or you may be SOL on a free replacement.. If they can't assist you, call Asurion...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro