PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 01:43 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
USB connectivity/Flashing Issues with my TP, Need Help!

Hello,

i am currently having a slew of problems with my phone and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction before i lose my mind!!

last nite while attempting to do my daily flash lol, my phone could not be recognized by my computer. the list pops up on the phone asking for A/S, disk drive, or internet sharing. i choose one and the computer does nother however it still charges the phone! i know this is topic covered alot and i really hate to start a new thread about it but i have searched for the last 5 or 6 hours here and over at xda, i have tried every suggestion, read every thread, and attempted every troubleshooting technique and nothing has worked at all. here is what i have done so far:

- have tried 3 different usb cords, 7 different usb ports, on 2 different computers
-uninstalled/reinstalled mobile device center numerous times
-hard reset/clear storage phone many times and i have restarted the computers
-tried switching 'advanced network connectivity' on and off in settings
-downloaded a cab of the most recent usb to pc, did nothing
-attempted to reflash via sd card and not even that helped
-tried flashing many times by going into bootloader, nothing
-turned off all firewall programs that might be interferring

i am really at a loss on what to do now, if there are any more suggestions that i havent done yet any help would be great. the only new thing that i have added to the phone recently was mobile shell 3 but i fail to see how that could cause an issue.

once again sorry for starting a new thread on an oft covered issue but none of the others have helped me.

thanks in advance!!
Old 04-19-2009, 06:29 PM
Back
Threadstarter

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Re: USB connectivity/Flashing Issues with my TP, Need Help!

does anyone have any advice?? any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 04-19-2009, 06:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

lordhelmet is becoming a great contributor

Well, as far as flashing your phone, do it via SD card. Much simpler and no need to connect to the PC. From my experience, your trouble shooting is very thorough and you've tried everything I would of tried. I have heard of these issues when Vista / XP differences were involved, but never got any concrete solutions. So, I'd say try flashing to a stock ROM, and connect. If all good, then flash to the custom ROM of your choice after that. If you use A/S to back up your software, you're gonna have to back it up w a PPC back up app this time like PIM backup. Oh, and is Mobile Device Center the Vista Active Sink? I just have a plain old Active Sink on my XP laptop, and I did have to uninstall/re-install that once. Good luck!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:00 PM
Back
Threadstarter

i have been able to flash via the card fine and i have pimbackup and microsoft myphone for backing things up so im not worried about losing info. but my company has a proprietary program that requires active sync connections so i cant lose that functionality, i appreciate you stopping in to help.

any other suggestions?
Old 04-19-2009, 07:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
. the list pops up on the phone asking for A/S, disk drive, or internet sharing. i choose one and the computer does nother however it still charges the phone! i
I have the exact same problem in my work computer (WindowsXP). My phone does AS just fine with my laptop however.

I'm going to mess with it some tomorrow, if I figure out a fix I will post it.

~John
Old 04-19-2009, 07:32 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

have you tried looking in the usb port on the phone? i've heard of things accidentally getting poked in there and it not working right anymore...like damaging the contacts, or shorting something out...not sure. Looks like you covered every other angle. What about flashing to a different rom...like the stock one or something?
Old 04-19-2009, 07:35 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I have the exact same problem in my work computer (WindowsXP). My phone does AS just fine with my laptop however.

I'm going to mess with it some tomorrow, if I figure out a fix I will post it.

~John
he said he tried different computer with same result. so...thinkin it's the phone.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:36 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

I had this problem before too
i think vista or xp has updated the driver or changed it without you knowing.
(damn microsoft!!)
i would find the driver in device manager (while the phone is plugged in) and uninstall it. then restart windows and plug the phone back in, it should look for a new driver for it, install the driver and you should be good!
or i would go find a driver for the touch pro off HTC or your carrier and install that it should do the trick
Old 04-19-2009, 07:37 PM
Back
Threadstarter

as much as i dont wanna believe its the phone, its def. the phone, i dont know what else it could be. i even went back to the stock rom AND relocked it just to see and that didnt work. thanx for chiming in guys

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro