PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2009, 01:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Maximize battery life...

Any tips to maximize the battery life on my TP? I seem to reach about 40% after maybe an hour or two of moderate/heavy use. My Blackberry Curve could go a 4ish hours while browsing/heavy use (screen always on). TP seems to only do that if I'm watching a video. Seems to get awful hot too...a friend suggest to shut off bluetooth and gps but to my knowledge both are off, yet its still pretty warm to the touch after data use. Haven't tried to see how long it lasts with voice. Can't use the Diamond Config app as it seems to crash on start (tried the Tochpanel registry fix, didn't apply to me). Any tips fellow geeks can share? Really would like to make the battery last at least half a day, then swap out with a spare around lunch.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: The Now Network

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod
Re: Maximize battery life...

well your out of luck this time... that the issues with the TP and Diamond that the battery don't even last 4 hours, but your best bet is to turn of wifi, beam, gps, bluetooth, and whenever your not using the internet turn off the data too.

or flash it to another rom like mighty rom that has great battery life, because all of the tweaking inside of it.

but if you want to keep it simple buy an extended battery from seido or mugen from ebay a lil costly but totally worth it, i get two full days on a single charger and heavy use.... hope it help

update: what i heard too, that TF3D also hurt the battery cuz it use a lot of processor speed. (somebody correct me if i'm wrong)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:33 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonDutt View Post
Any tips to maximize the battery life on my TP? I seem to reach about 40% after maybe an hour or two of moderate/heavy use. My Blackberry Curve could go a 4ish hours while browsing/heavy use (screen always on). TP seems to only do that if I'm watching a video. Seems to get awful hot too...a friend suggest to shut off bluetooth and gps but to my knowledge both are off, yet its still pretty warm to the touch after data use. Haven't tried to see how long it lasts with voice. Can't use the Diamond Config app as it seems to crash on start (tried the Tochpanel registry fix, didn't apply to me). Any tips fellow geeks can share? Really would like to make the battery last at least half a day, then swap out with a spare around lunch.
make sure your data connection isnt always on.
also try underclocking your device slightly with this tool --> NUE
if you havent flashed a custom rom i would highly suggest you do that also,
this will greatly increase battery life depending on which one you flash, as they have all of the battery/performance tweaks included!
Old 04-16-2009, 01:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmxx187 View Post
make sure your data connection isnt always on.
also try underclocking your device slightly with this tool --> NUE
if you havent flashed a custom rom i would highly suggest you do that also,
this will greatly increase battery life depending on which one you flash, as they have all of the battery/performance tweaks included!
what do you mean by underclocking, like to your cpu from 500 mhz to 400 mhz? sorry if i sound anal.!
Old 04-16-2009, 01:42 AM
Mobileunderground.info

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafyrod View Post
what do you mean by underclocking, like to your cpu from 500 mhz to 400 mhz? sorry if i sound anal.!
yepp exactly what i mean! it wont effect the performance too much and will increase battery life. read the thread! and its by no2chem who is one of the best tweaker/hacker/authors know to wm!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
yepp exactly what i mean! it wont effect the performance too much and will increase battery life. read the thread! and its by no2chem who is one of the best tweaker/hacker/authors know to wm!
are you using it? if yes how is the difference and performance in your phone?
Old 04-16-2009, 01:49 AM
Mobileunderground.info

Quote:
are you using it? if yes how is the difference and performance in your phone?
im not using it atm im going to install it tomorrow so i can monitor it
Old 04-16-2009, 01:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
im not using it atm im going to install it tomorrow so i can monitor it
oh ok but thanks for that lil info, ima try it too but i don't think i really need it cuz i'm using the 3000 mAh extended battery for my diamond. thanks again
Old 04-16-2009, 01:56 AM
Mobileunderground.info

Quote:
oh ok but thanks for that lil info, ima try it too but i don't think i really need it cuz i'm using the 3000 mAh extended battery for my diamond. thanks again
let me know how it works!
nice i was thinking about getting one but there too big. how much longer does that battery last for?
Old 04-16-2009, 01:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
let me know how it works!
nice i was thinking about getting one but there too big. how much longer does that battery last for?
mine for two days with heavy use..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro