PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 09:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

slider369 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
opinions on roms

I've been looking at the roms for a while and am ready to flash!
The problem is which one? I know the stock rom runs slow because of all the crap loaded on it(bloat ware), and tf3d.

But I love my tf3d. I just want all of programs and apps to run smoother and not freeze my phone up(it happens sometimes).

SO, any opininons? whats the fastest, smoothest, most stable rom out there, with the fewest bugs?

I have a Fuze from ATT.

Last edited by slider369; 04-15-2009 at 09:53 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

vernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to vernonlbrown
Re: opinions on roms

Your best bet would be to look over at http://www.xda-developers.com as they lean more toward the GSM area.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:29 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider369 View Post
I've been looking at the roms for a while and am ready to flash!
The problem is which one? I know the stock rom runs slow because of all the crap loaded on it(bloat ware), and tf3d.

But I love my tf3d. I just want all of programs and apps to run smoother and not freeze my phone up(it happens sometimes).

SO, any opininons? whats the fastest, smoothest, most stable rom out there, with the fewest bugs?
Fire up the kitchen and make one. Most of the bloatware has little to do with the speed/smoothness of your phone, but you can make one as clean/bloated as you like in the kitchen. Sadly, you'll probably still have the occasional freezes no matter what rom you download or make if you use tf3d.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:16 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Moved to Main TP Forum
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC RhodiumW - Sprint Branded

volDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvolDeus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to volDeus Send a message via Skype™ to volDeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider369 View Post
I have a Fuze from ATT.
Rep your FUZE yo .. Your profile still says xv6700..

And I agree with GGURUUSA (and bow in respect) ... Cooking is great fun ... BUT! ....
If you want to get used to flashing before you cook, just flash anything ... You won't know until you try.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro