PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 02:17 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
unorganized 6.5 start menu somewhat of a fix

i was getting really annoyed at the start menu in 6.5 because the icons seem to have no real order whatsoever, so i went through the start menu through activesync and copied it to my computer. then i made separate folders, such as applications, tools, system, entertainment, etc.. and then sorted the shortcuts in alphabetical order, and then put them back into the programs folder in reverse alphabetical order, so now i can at least access the programs easier. i was going to just drop them all in in alphabetical order, but the menu doesn't move too fast and if you want to get to the bottom it would take longer than i would like. so like, if i want to open garmin, i just hit start, apps, gps, garmin..
Old 04-15-2009, 02:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

crazyon2wheels is just getting started
Re: unorganized 6.5 start menu somewhat of a fix

Yeah I wiah you could drag and drop the icons where you want them.You can at least move them to the top or down though through a tap and hold that helped a little
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyon2wheels View Post
Yeah I wiah you could drag and drop the icons where you want them.You can at least move them to the top or down though through a tap and hold that helped a little

I am looking for a better way to organize the screen as well, the press/hold helped but style can be A LOT BETTER

P
ressing
will get you far, so PLEASE press it often!!!

Old 04-15-2009, 02:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: X51v

Technology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the community
Talking Re: unorganized 6.5 start menu somewhat of a fix

Go here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59820 ... Go down to post #2, there you will find the "Quick Menu" download, now I have 2 menus using Copper 21500 6.5 ROM.... Also you will see how I have my 6.5 menu organized using the "HoneyComb", check it out... If you decide to install the Quick menu do NOT check mark in the Options settings to replace the system menu.......
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:04 PM
Almost a VIP

Technology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the community

The "HoneyComb Start menu" download is now in post #2, just put it there for you guys, enjoy.....{lol}
Old 04-15-2009, 03:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Devilstrider is becoming a great contributor

I'm about to flash the copper rom. Will i need this?
Old 04-15-2009, 03:21 PM
Almost a VIP

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technology1 View Post
Go here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59820 ... Go down to post #2, there you will find the "Quick Menu" download, now I have 2 menus using Copper 21500 6.5 ROM.... Also you will see how I have my 6.5 menu organized using the "HoneyComb", check it out... If you decide to install the Quick menu do NOT check mark in the Options settings to replace the system menu.......

I already have the "honey comb" there.

so basically you are putting quick menu inside of the honey comb? I am looking to organize the honey and not have an additional menu. thanks for the suggestion though
Old 04-15-2009, 03:28 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanfishy View Post
I already have the "honey comb" there.

so basically you are putting quick menu inside of the honey comb? I am looking to organize the honey and not have an additional menu. thanks for the suggestion though
Just trying to help guy, works for me...{lol}
Old 04-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technology1 View Post
Just trying to help guy, works for me...{lol}
I do like quick menu, dont get me wrong. This is the first build I have not had it there

I am wanting to keep this ROM more on the 6.5 "feel"
Old 04-15-2009, 03:47 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanfishy View Post
I do like quick menu, dont get me wrong. This is the first build I have not had it there

I am wanting to keep this ROM more on the 6.5 "feel"
Well, do you have the PIE/IE6 Toggle browser software, that's also located in post #2, a must got to have on your TP, if you are running a 6.5 ROM on your mobile device... Giving you the best of both worlds, the old and the new.....

Last edited by Technology1; 04-15-2009 at 04:05 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro