PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 02:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
browser (& ipod) questions

I have become completely hooked on inet browsing using my ipod touch connected to my TP's unlimited data plan using WMwifirouter. This is without question the best of both worlds.

My problem is, I ALWAYS have the TP with me, but i don't always bring the touch & I have gotten so spoiled by safari that I don't really enjoy using the TP for browsing anymore.

So far, the closest thing I have been able to find to safari is Opera Mini which is totally awesome compared to most other WM options, but still does not really compare to safari. Does anybody know of any browser options that more closely match the touch experience??

~John
Old 04-13-2009, 03:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker
Re: browser (& ipod) questions

Give iris a try, Touchmobile.com
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 04-13-2009, 03:59 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Thumbs up Re: browser (& ipod) questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I have become completely hooked on inet browsing using my ipod touch connected to my TP's unlimited data plan using WMwifirouter. This is without question the best of both worlds.

My problem is, I ALWAYS have the TP with me, but i don't always bring the touch & I have gotten so spoiled by safari that I don't really enjoy using the TP for browsing anymore.

So far, the closest thing I have been able to find to safari is Opera Mini which is totally awesome compared to most other WM options, but still does not really compare to safari. Does anybody know of any browser options that more closely match the touch experience??

~John
You took the words right out my mouth I just got the ipod touch 2nd gen 32gb and the browser on it is unreal...its hard for me to go back to the tp browser too bro! And I didn't know wifirouter connect with the ipod touch I might have invest in that app ASAP! Cause I have my ipod around me quite a bit lately

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 04-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500
Carrier: Sprint

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

no browser on windows mobile will compare with safari esp. with the flash plugin for safari

Old 04-13-2009, 04:11 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Question Re: browser (& ipod) questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfeny View Post
no browser on windows mobile will compare with safari esp. with the flash plugin for safari
There's a flash plug-in for that broswer? Where do you get it for the itouch?
Old 04-13-2009, 04:16 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

+1 Iris is comparable to safari. Best browser is probably going to be opera 9.7 with turbo. I wish they would hurry up with this download.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Threadstarter

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
+1 Iris is comparable to safari. .
I don't agree (I don't even think it's close really). As a matter of fact, I like Opera Mini better than Iris although I do have Iris installed & it is very good.

I guess it's not really fair to compare the two systems as the screen is so much better/more responsive on the ipod & the zoom is 1000 times better in safari which makes it so much easier to use than any of the WM browsers.

~John
Old 04-13-2009, 08:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC PRO

mrspeedmaster is a n00b

I agree that Safari is the best browser there. I have an iPhone 3G (home) and a HTC Touch Pro (work).

However, with the TP, I have 3 browsers at my disposal. Opera for general stuff, Iris for Safari websites like iphone.facebook.com and Pocket IE. Believe it or not, I like using Pocket IE on sites like craigslist. It is so easy just to navigate a text only website using the keyboard. In fact, I prefer craigslist on Pocket IE over Safari.

If Iris was faster, then it would be all good. I think the multi-touch is what makes Safari so great.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
+1 Iris is comparable to safari. Best browser is probably going to be opera 9.7 with turbo. I wish they would hurry up with this download.
Comparable? I guess fundamentally you can call them both mobile browsers. Beyond that, it's really no comparison.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:34 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Its apples and oranges...they are all browsers...but nothing comes close to Safari's multi-touch interface. The browser is fast, and the zooming is effortless. However, it doesn't do flash like Skyfire. Skyfire looks like crap compared to Opera. Yet Opera is not quite as slick as Safari...

Get the point?

I have an iPod Touch and I have been using wmwifirouter for a few months now...doing exactly what you have been.

My personal preference is still Opera on the TP...since i'm not burning thru the battery running a mini wifi router.

Opera mini doesn't quite fall in here...since its a java app...so the guts are different.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro