PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 11:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700
Carrier: sprint

hoddy4 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No Ev

I used to always get an Ev connection from my home. Now all I get is 1x or, at best, a cycling beween 1x and Ev. Any ideas?
Old 04-13-2009, 11:34 AM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive
Re: No Ev

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoddy4 View Post
I used to always get an Ev connection from my home. Now all I get is 1x or, at best, a cycling beween 1x and Ev. Any ideas?
Have you contacted your carrier to see if there are any network issues in your area?

Old 04-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

yes, i've also removed the battery and done a hard reset. and reset my Sprint profile could the radio be deteriorating?

Last edited by hoddy4; 04-13-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:57 AM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

I doubt the radio is "deteriorating". Have you checked other areas that is a good EVDO area? Maybe at work or a friend's house?
Old 04-13-2009, 12:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 - Energy 6.5 ROM

Erythros is keeping up the good workErythros is keeping up the good work

First question is have you flashed your ROM or anything else since you noticed your signal degrade?

I did notice a reduction in EV coverage after flashing my ROM with JMZ's ROM, which I still use and love.
I then upgraded to Radio version 1.07.06F found here on PPCGeeks.com and my signal is moderately better. (Much more EV and much less 1X)

My suggestion would be to flash the radio to the latest possible and work backwards from there after testing on your phone for about 1 day per radio and see which one works best for you in your coverage area.

The nice thing about flashing your radio is while it flashes your phone in a similar manner to how you would flash the entire ROM, you are usually not required to HARD RESET your device.

I always do a lot of research on the posts before attempting a flash of my ROMS because more than likely you can find the answer you need before having to ask or before screwing up your phone.

As always, backup your PIM information before proceding with any flash.

Disclaimer: Read the instructions for each radio rom, read the posts following the release of each Radio Rom, and good luck.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I've been using the stock sprint rom/radio for about 6 months. I have not reflashed or flashed to any other rom. Performance just seems to have been deteriorating from the same location.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro