PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 10:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint touch
Carrier: sprint

jerkyxi3 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sync w/ WMP11 Please Help

Lately Ive been staying at my gf's place a lot and have been wanting to take some of my recordings with me, so I dusted off the old Zune 30 and put it to work. I updated all the software and firmware and everything appeared to work great. That is until I went to wathc an episode of Fringe and realized there was no sound.

To my dismay I discovered that while microsoft finally lets us sync recorded tv from VMC to the Zune HD recordings are soundless. Frustrated I remembered "hey I have a touch pro with a 4gb card" more than enough to hold a weeks woth of converted shows. But microsoft, the company with the best intentions but worst follow through foiled me again. It turns out that a standard windows media center computer cannot sync to a standard windows mobile device through the sync to device option.

"Windows Media Player cannot convert the file to the format required by the device."

Can anyone please help me its driving me mad. i just want to be able to plug either my zune or my phone into the computer and let it update everything automatically while i sleep. Dont want to go through the hassle of manually converting files and copying them as this computer XPS420 is primarily an HTPC used for TV and gaming with a wireless controller and its a bit of a pain to use the ol keyboard and mouse with it on a constant basis.

Thank you in advance to anyone that can help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro