PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2009, 08:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

asgard_thor is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
keyboard problem

I've searched this and everything

So, A couple days ago my keyboard stopped working, then a hour later suddenly started working again. Then yesterday it stopped again, and has not started to work again.

So, after many soft resets, nothing, the keyboard lights up when I slide it open, but doesnt respond, and no buttons respond, touch keyboard still works.

I did a hard reset just to see if anything would change, and it didn't

so anyother options besides replacement just curious, as its a long drive to the repair center, already got one replacement and its been over 30days.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:09 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: keyboard problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by asgard_thor View Post
I've searched this and everything

So, A couple days ago my keyboard stopped working, then a hour later suddenly started working again. Then yesterday it stopped again, and has not started to work again.

So, after many soft resets, nothing, the keyboard lights up when I slide it open, but doesnt respond, and no buttons respond, touch keyboard still works.

I did a hard reset just to see if anything would change, and it didn't

so anyother options besides replacement just curious, as its a long drive to the repair center, already got one replacement and its been over 30days.
There's lots of threads for "keyboard stopped working" if you were to search.

I'm on my 5th TP, have had to have two replaced now due to keyboard failures.

First one died immediately one day.

The second died over a period of two weeks. It started missing keystrokes and repeating others as if I was holding the button, the problem gradually and slowly got worse till it stopped working. A hard reset brought it back to life for a few hours, but then it stopped totally. Brought it to a Sprint store, tech opened it up and did who knows what. It worked when he gave it back. Less than an hour later, the keyboard started acting up again. It still worked at night when I went to sleep - I left my phone sitting on my desk. Woke up in the morning, slid open the keyboard to respond to a text, and it was dead again.

I went back to the store and they replaced the phone for me.

If it's a long drive to the repair center, call customer service at *2 and talk to a rep, they will replace it... you will just have to wait for the new one to show up.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: keyboard problem

Try pushing the back cover of your phone in when the keyboard stops working. It should work

The issue is caused by a loose ribbon cable. If you have the tools, you can fix it yourself and prevent it from happening again.

Here are the instructions: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=62876

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro